Luke Douglas

I've done some research and cannot find a procedure to copy a folders Label settings to all embedded folders. There is a function to copy a folders type to embedded folders such as select 'Music' and apply that to all embedded folders but nothing for copying Label settings.

Example:

Say I have 'My Music' folder setup for 'Music' files and with the following Labels:

Name
Album
#
Title
Contributing artists
Year
Length
Genre
Composers
Comments​

When I copy the 'Music' type, none of the Label settings are duplicated to embedded folders.

If I go to an embedded folder, I have these labels preset:
Name
#
Title
Contributing Artists
Album​

Is there a way I can duplicate a folders Label settings to all embedded folders?

Thanks.

Luke

Solution
Luke, it seems that you are looking to copy the label settings of a folder, specifically related to the 'Music' type, to all embedded folders within it. While Windows does provide a way to copy a folder type to embedded folders (as you mentioned), it doesn't offer a built-in feature to directly copy label settings to all subfolders. However, you can achieve a similar result by setting up a template folder with the desired label settings and then applying that template to the subfolders. Here's a step-by-step guide on how you can accomplish this: 1. Create a Template Folder: - Create a folder that will act as your template folder, containing the desired label settings for the 'Music' type. You can set up the labels as per your...
Luke, it seems that you are looking to copy the label settings of a folder, specifically related to the 'Music' type, to all embedded folders within it. While Windows does provide a way to copy a folder type to embedded folders (as you mentioned), it doesn't offer a built-in feature to directly copy label settings to all subfolders. However, you can achieve a similar result by setting up a template folder with the desired label settings and then applying that template to the subfolders. Here's a step-by-step guide on how you can accomplish this: 1. Create a Template Folder: - Create a folder that will act as your template folder, containing the desired label settings for the 'Music' type. You can set up the labels as per your requirements in this folder. 2. Apply the Template to Subfolders: - Manually apply the template folder's view settings to all the embedded folders: - Open each embedded folder. - In each folder, go to the "View" tab in the File Explorer. - Click on "Options" and then on "Change folder and search options." - In the "Folder Options" window, go to the "View" tab. - Click on "Apply to Folders" to apply the view settings of the template folder to the current subfolder. 3. Modifying Folder Template: - You can also set a customized folder template that will be applied to new folders. This won't affect existing folders but can help in setting default settings for new folders. - Open File Explorer and navigate to the folder with your template settings. - Configure the folder view as you want the template to appear. - Go to the "View" tab in File Explorer and click on "Options" > "Change folder and search options." - In the "Folder Options" window, go to the "View" tab. - Click on "Apply to Folders" to set this view as the default for folders of the same type. By following these steps, you can simulate the behavior of copying label settings from one folder to all embedded folders in Windows Explorer. While it's not a direct one-click solution, it can help standardize the view settings across multiple folders. If you have any more questions or need further assistance, feel free to ask!

Solution
Back