Windows 7 Dx11 Lost Planet 2 benchmarker

Highwayman

Extraordinary Member
SOURCE: GURU3d.com

Lost Planet 2 Benchmark download from Guru3D.com

Version: 1.0 Publisher: capcom Date added: 2010-08-18 02:42:55 File Size: 955 MB OS Support: Windows 7 and Vista
Download the Lost Planet 2 Benchmark to measure the performance of your system and see first-hand how DirectX11.

A decade has passed since the first game, and the face of E.D.N. III has changed dramatically. Terra forming efforts have been successful and the ice has begun to melt, giving way to lush tropical jungles and harsh unforgiving deserts. Players will enter this new environment and follow the exploits of their own customized snow pirate on their quest to seize control of the changing planet.

Test A
The primary purpose of Test A is to give an indication of typical game play performance of the PC running Lost Planet 2. (i.e. if you can run Mode A smoothly, the game will be playable at a similar condition). In this test, the character’s motion is randomized to give a slightly different outcome each time.

Test B
The primary purpose of Test B is to push the PC to its limits and to evaluate the maximum performance of the PC. It utilizes many functions of Direct X11 resulting in a very performance-orientated, very demanding benchmark mode.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good well-written post, and no doubts that great benchmarker - from what I see in the video and from the fact it is 955 Mb. I'm downloading tonight.

I really enjoyed Lost planet, although didn't get the extended colonies edition, but this full blown sequel looks rather nice even though I was a little dissapointed at the frame rates when maxed out to highest dx11 quality, it's a demo so hopefully a few tweaks and driver updates should grab back maybe another 10fps.

I really enjoyed Lost planet, although didn't get the extended colonies edition, but this full blown sequel looks rather nice even though I was a little dissapointed at the frame rates when maxed out to highest dx11 quality, it's a demo so hopefully a few tweaks and driver updates should grab back maybe another 10fps.

Agreed.. Many using ATI have found problems trying to run the DX11 section of the bench although I've had none using the 10.7 vanillas..

I just noticed after watching that video in my post, the guy has a Nvidia 285 and is only getting 28-35fps? jesus mine gets 90-115fps in dx9 mode... very strange cos Nvidia cards are normally faster than Ati at Dx9 stuff and his CPU is much better than mine too. As far as I was aware the 285 should get fairly close to scores my 5870 does at anything DX9.

Ok he's got 16x AA on, will have to recheck my scores with similar high AA on... will try 16x and 24x and report results.

Last edited:
Ok using AA at 16x only knocked 5-10 fps off the average scores I had... :razz:

Something must seriously be up with Nvidia cards drivers for this demo... I've been looking at quite a few on youtube and even the 295 is getting only around 30fps and the mighty 480 is getting a sucky 40fps or there abouts on DX11 mode... (and the example I saw didnt even have AA on!) Can some Nvidia folks on here post some scores cos I can't believe for a seconds that the 285 and 295 in dx9 mode are getting such pissy scores, let alone a 480gtx.

notice very carefully that he doesnt even APPLY the settings and simply quits back to menu putting them back to defaults (AA off lmao) FYI on my rig my 5870 is pumping Dx11 maxed mode at pretty much 58fps solid.

I took this of my own rig benching in Dx9 1680x1050 with 16x AA and 16x Anistropic (assuming the forced catalyst settings work, otherwise it's gonna be 8x AA with supersampling) and maxed everything except for the hated motion blur effect, soz for the low rez cam was trying to keep it a smallish upload, but mainly as a comparison to see what anyone else gets in the DX9 modes (since many forum folk will be able to get a fair comparison with older cards, compared to showing Dx11 modes.)

Your rig is pumping out 58fps on maxed DX11! I can only manage 58fps on low... That Q6600 is certainly holding it's own!

I havent been able to repeat the feat on default rig speeds unfortunately, it's now a more humble 38 Fps on High Dx11, and around 55 Fps on LOW DX11 as you get, however DX9 is still showing 95-110fps. I had OC'd my rig to 2.8ghz CPU on 1333fsb to get my RAM upto a native 1333 rather than its current 1066 underclock due to Q6600 being 1066 fsb for the initial test, guessing lose a bit just from having RAM underclocked at stock CPU speed, sooner get a wolfdale the better..lol

Curiously the benchmarker showed no difference to the clock speeds on the info panel...

Last edited:
I thought it was a really fast score.. You only have to check against other users rigs in the Guru 3D forum and you can see it's punching well above it's weight.. :) Cool, nice job man.
Here's my results: They are only for the Benchmark A section of each test and are otherwise vanilla apart from the DX11 portion being turned on 'High'.

Bugger! Where are they?

Last edited:
Back