Early adopters give Windows 7 high marks, says survey

whoosh

Cooler King
Staff member
Premium Supporter
Early adopters give Windows 7 high marks, says survey

But former XP users less thrilled than those who upgraded from Vista
Computerworld - Users who have moved to Windows 7 gave the new operating system a big thumbs up in a just-released survey, although people upgrading from XP were less enthusiastic than those migrating from Vista.
The survey conducted by Technologizer polled more than 550 early adopters of Windows 7, asking them to rate their overall satisfaction with Microsoft's month-old OS, comment on their installation experience and judge the new features they liked the most.
Of all new Windows 7 users, 70% said that they were "extremely satisfied" and another 24% said they were "somewhat satisfied" with the operating system. But users who came to Windows 7 from Vista had stronger feelings than people who moved from Windows XP, said Harry McCracken, the founder and editor of Technologizer. McCracken is a former editor-in-chief of PC World and still-frequent contributor to the publication, which is a Computerworld sister site.
"Windows XP users were somewhat less enthusiastic about Windows 7," said McCracken.
While the overall satisfaction level of the two groups was nearly identical -- 95% for former Vista users, 94% for those migrating from XP -- the latter were more likely to be lukewarm. For users upgrading from Vista, 79% said they were extremely satisfied with Windows 7, and another 16% said they were somewhat satisfied. However, only 61% of XP users claimed they were extremely satisfied, with 33% saying they were somewhat satisfied.
"From looking at the comments [people appended to their votes], there's still a group who are largely happy with XP, so the bar for them was a little bit higher," said McCracken. "Vista users were a little easier to please."

Survey says... Windows 7 is a WINNER!! ;) I do have to agree with the quote "Vista users were a little easier to please".. But even so, Windows 7 has earned it's high marks in my opinion.. :)

Survey says... Windows 7 is a WINNER!! ;) I do have to agree with the quote "Vista users were a little easier to please".. But even so, Windows 7 has earned it's high marks in my opinion.. :)

Must agree . Such a good OS even while in BETA !

Back
Top Bottom