Windows 7 Epson 3800 Print preview Reboots Windows 7

CirceD

I am running Windows 7 beta, testing to see if the product is right for a client. The client has an Epson 3800 photo printer and uses the print preview function. I have installed the latest printer driver for Windows 7, the latest NVidia driver available (ver. 8.17) and the system blacks out, and sometimes recovers, but usually reboots.
I get and problem report for the Epson print preview on occasion, but not always. The last reboot did not report any error for me to figure this out.
Is anyone having this issue and have you found a solution?
I am going to try printing without preview.
FYI: Printing works if print preview is not used. Anybody have a clue as to the cause of this?

Last edited:
I am running Windows 7 beta, testing to see if the product is right for a client. The client has an Epson 3800 photo printer and uses the print preview function. I have installed the latest printer driver for Windows 7, the latest NVidia driver available (ver. 8.17) and the system blacks out, and sometimes recovers, but usually reboots.
I get and problem report for the Epson print preview on occasion, but not always. The last reboot did not report any error for me to figure this out.
Is anyone having this issue and have you found a solution?
I am going to try printing without preview.
FYI: Printing works if print preview is not used. Anybody have a clue as to the cause of this?

I have just bought a new printer the Epson SX510W and installed all the latest drivers from their site and it works perfectly but as you state if I use print preview the output is barely readable then i get a display driver error and the screen blinks black then says its recovered and if i zoom into the print preview the screen goes black again and just as i get the "windows has recovered message" i get a BSOD and it reeboots :mad:

error message from blue screen viewer suggest dxgkrnl.sys :(

minidump file here Link Removed due to 404 Error

I have just bought a new printer the Epson SX510W and installed all the latest drivers from their site and it works perfectly but as you state if I use print preview the output is barely readable then i get a display driver error and the screen blinks black then says its recovered and if i zoom into the print preview the screen goes black again and just as i get the "windows has recovered message" i get a BSOD and it reeboots :mad:

error message from blue screen viewer suggest dxgkrnl.sys :(

minidump file here Link Removed due to 404 Error

In talking with Epson, they know the problem exists and are "working on it". No news yet.
Circe D, PCTechsOnline.com

In talking with Epson, they know the problem exists and are "working on it". No news yet.
Circe D, PCTechsOnline.com

thanks for posting I'm going to raise this as an issue with them :mad:

any idea how long they have been "working on it" ??

Ok, Epson is on this, cool. In that light you might care to look @ some of this
http://www.bing.com/search?q=dxgkrnl.sys+&form=OSDSRC

Cheers,
Drew

\"A scan a day keeps the nasties away!\"

thanks for the links drew but I'm not sure what to do from this point :confused:

I talked to an epson rep who insisted this was an nvidia issue, I can confirm this only happens on my machine with the 9800GTX+ graphics card in it, having tested the problem on a windows7 32bit environment with an old agp card and a windows 7 64 bit environment with a geforce 6200LE

I have replicated the crash conditions to the point where the display driver crashes and recovers while monitoring temperatures and the GPU sits at a solid 54C so it's not temperatures and am beginning to believe this has to be driver and card specific ??

short of changing my graphics card is there a way to cure this ?

Back