Windows 7 Event 25, volsnap error

dmcmillen

Extraordinary Member
Win 7, Home Premium, 64
Every time I reboot my machine I get a volsnap Event 25 error: "The shadow copies of volume C: were deleted because the shadow copy storage could not grow in time. Consider reducing the IO load on the system or choose a shadow copy storage volume that is not being shadow copied." and all restore points are deleted. I can successfully create restore points. C: drive has over 60gb free and protection for C: has 3.35gb max usage. I have tried turning system protection off and on and gotten the following errors for both off and on. It did turn off and back on.

upload_2013-11-25_9-35-24.jpeg

upload_2013-11-25_9-36-0.jpeg

Not sure whether System Volume Information is corrupted or what but would appreciate some help here.

This started when I had a data drive (not same drive as C) begin to fail and cause problems with windows booting. Once I replaced the data drive Windows booted ok, but with some odd problems including this. I am also experiencing a Kernel-Event Tracing Event 3: "Session "UBPM" stopped due to the following error: 0xC0000022" and a companion "Session "Eventlog-Security" stopped due to the following error: 0xC0000022" which I was going to start another thread on.

Everything else seems to be working ok, knock on wood. Thanks for your help!

Back