Windows 7 Everytime I log in, I get a "Windows Activation" screen, saying activate Windows now

lostman24

Everytime I log in, I get a "Windows Activation" screen, saying activate Windows now

the activation period has expired.

Then it gives me the option to activate now or activate later,

why is this? I have the windows 7 release cand. and isin't it supposed to expire in like 2010? Please help asap!

Everytime I log in, I get a "Windows Activation" screen, saying activate Windows now

why is this? I have the windows 7 release cand. and isin't it supposed to expire in like 2010? Please help asap!
You still need to activate the RC. If you downloaded it from microsoft there would have been a key generated prior to download.If not i suppose you could go to microsoft enter your live ID or sign up for one and simply get the key without the download.

Beta or RC?

Everytime I log in, I get a \"Windows Activation\" screen, saying activate Windows now

You state that you have the W7 RC. If you do not have the beta and mistakenly believe it to be RC, Go here and download an installation key. If you have a bad DVD, and need to download another copy of the OS, you still have a few more days to do that too. If you have a beta version, it is expired.

Windows 7 Release Candidate

scroll down the page to the option to select whichever version (32 bit or 64 bit) you need the key for.

Back