Explorer keeps crashing

Discussion in 'Windows 10 Help and Support' started by Steve Kennedy, Aug 1, 2015.

1. Steve Kennedy

Steve Kennedy New Member

Just installed Win 10, and it seemed to install ok. But I can't tell for sure becaus pe Explorer keeps crashing ever 1 second or so, then restarts. If I go to Task Manager, I see explorer go down and come back up, and windows problem reporting come up and go down. Because it happens every 1 second, I can't do anything on the computer before it goes down, blank screen, come back, then go back down. HELP. I'M BEING HELD HOSTAGE BY EXPLORER.......

2. Josephur

Josephur Windows Forum Admin
    Staff Member Premium Supporter

Can you get to the Event Viewer and see if anything is logged along with the crash?

3. Steve Kennedy

Steve Kennedy New Member

Sorry, no I can't.... The only thing I'm able to do is ctrl-alt-del and get to the sign off, task manager screen.

4. Josephur

Josephur Windows Forum Admin
    Staff Member Premium Supporter

Go to task manager, use it to launch "eventvwr" from the file, run new task option.

5. Steve Kennedy

Steve Kennedy New Member

Ok, I see several log items.. There are several information items and several errors for explorer. Exception code is 0xc06d007e. Faulting module path is C:\WINDOWS\system32\KERNALBASE.dll. What else ?

Sk