Windows 10 Fallout 4 high-resolution patch-Can you run it?

trog69

Fantastic Member
According to Bethesda, the recommended system able to use this high-res patch would be a six-core i7 and a gtx 1080 GPU. That's at 1080p, mind you. I'm presently playing @ 1440p, so my i7-6700k/980ti SC+ rig might be wheezing a bit much-nevermind the 4k monitor I have still in the box.

Does anyone think that this will eventually be tweaked so that it works on potent but not outrageous systems like mine? Or, perhaps it will only require some shadow downgrades or similar to get it running smoothly? I would be happy if it ran above 30fps for the most part. \

Fallout 4's free high-resolution texture pack will make even the brawniest gaming PCs sweat

It's possible via the modding community but still that damned sheriff Preston Garvey is a game breaker for me. I doubt I've ever met or interacted with a more annoying NPC.

It's possible via the modding community but still that damned sheriff Preston Garvey is a game breaker for me. I doubt I've ever met or interacted with a more annoying NPC.
He's only a problem if you interact with him. On my first playthrough, I left the people in Sanctuary hanging with no food, little water, and barely enough beds. I didn't get around to Ten Pines until I'd already ganked Kellogg and cleared the Castle. ( Clearing the castle pre-Garvey is a huge time-saver, I found out.)

I never did get around to picking a faction to fight with, before I restarted the game a few weeks ago. Now, I'm engrossed in replaying Oblivion, since I never got to finish that game. When I first got it, my rig was not up to the task, and I was unable to keep a certain NPC alive during the huge battle. So now I'm taking my time and plan on finally seeing the ending. I think this rig should be able to handle that battle scene.

Yup that's a fine idea and one which i've employed before now.
BUT
This means you now miss out on half the game which initially at least is enjoyable..

Fallout 4 could have been two games and probably should have been with one of the main stories being a DLC (a free one at that). Some of the quests are plain ridiculous too and it feels like padding of the worst kind, no substance.

Bit of bummer really to say how long we waited for the damn thing..

These are of course my own opinions whether right or wrong..

Much more enjoyable game experience if you mod it, add an end or shader and play on survival mode.
I used to play New Vegas with lot's of mods.

A couple i especially liked was a Tour bus which had all sorts of benches inside as well as a bed. This could be created very close to where you spawn so again very handy.

Another mod i like was one containing some new areas although i cannot remember the name of it apart from 'Angel' something or other. Lot's of Robots including the Terminator! Yup you get to fight against a T1000, several in fact.

I'll give Fallout 4 another go at some point or other just not yet..

Back