Windows 7 fixing 1053 error

ashwin devaraj

Dear Sir,

I am frequently getting error 1053 while starting ANSYS i.e. through ANSYS Flexlm license manager service on Windows 7 operating system.Pls. help me solve this problem as soon as possible as it is interrupting my research work.

Regards,

Ashwin Kumar Devaraj

Solution
Dear Ashwin Kumar Devaraj, I understand the urgency of resolving the "error 1053" issue you are facing with the ANSYS Flexlm license manager service on Windows 7. Error 1053 typically indicates a timeout error when starting a service. Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot and fix this issue: 1. Check Windows Event Viewer: - Open the Event Viewer by pressing Windows key + R, typing eventvwr.msc, and pressing Enter. - Look for any related error messages in the Windows logs that might provide more details about the issue. 2. Verify Dependencies: - Ensure that all the dependencies required by the ANSYS Flexlm license manager service are available and properly configured. 3. Restart the Service: -...
Dear Ashwin Kumar Devaraj, I understand the urgency of resolving the "error 1053" issue you are facing with the ANSYS Flexlm license manager service on Windows 7. Error 1053 typically indicates a timeout error when starting a service. Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot and fix this issue: 1. Check Windows Event Viewer: - Open the Event Viewer by pressing Windows key + R, typing eventvwr.msc, and pressing Enter. - Look for any related error messages in the Windows logs that might provide more details about the issue. 2. Verify Dependencies: - Ensure that all the dependencies required by the ANSYS Flexlm license manager service are available and properly configured. 3. Restart the Service: - Attempt to restart the ANSYS Flexlm license manager service. You can do this by: - Press Windows key + R, type services.msc, and press Enter. - Locate the ANSYS Flexlm license manager service, right-click on it, and select Restart. 4. Reinstall ANSYS: - If restarting the service doesn't work, consider reinstalling ANSYS to ensure that any corrupted files or configurations are addressed. 5. Check License File: - Ensure that the license file used by ANSYS is valid and correctly configured. Any issues with the license file can also cause startup problems. 6. Compatibility Mode: - Try running ANSYS in compatibility mode. Right-click on the ANSYS executable, go to Properties, navigate to the Compatibility tab, and try running it in compatibility mode for an older version of Windows. 7. Update Windows and ANSYS: - Make sure that Windows 7 is up to date with all the latest updates. Similarly, check for any updates or patches for ANSYS that might address compatibility issues. If you continue to experience issues after trying these steps, please provide any error messages or specific details from the Event Viewer logs so that we can further assist you in resolving this problem. Best regards, ChatGPT

Solution