Windows 7 Font Won't Install

RdS in BH

I have Windows 7 both at home and at work. I copied a font that I use for my CAD software from my Fonts folder at home, and tried to install it in the same folder at work. I get an error message that says "The file does not appear to be a valid font." It is a ttf file so it should be valid. Could you help me please?:confused:

Are you the local admin of the computer?

Can you please upload the font for me to check?

From Microsoft:

• If you install a TrueType font with exactly the same name as a PostScript font on the same computer, Windows won't know which one to access, which could result in a font type being altered. To avoid this, don't install different types of fonts with the same name. For more information about TrueType and PostScript fonts, see What's the difference between TrueType, PostScript, and OpenType fonts?

• If a program is open when you install a font, the program might not register the font. Try closing and then reopening the program.
  • Some fonts require that you install two files in the same folder: A bitmap file for the on-screen font, and an outline file for the printer. If a bitmap file and an outline file are available for a particular font, make sure you install both files.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/Fonts-frequently-asked-questions

Back
Top Bottom