Windows 7 Further HP Printer problems-"Waiting for SLP reply"

Unimatrix013

Hi All

I am trying to install c309a HP printer via wireless, it gets to 88% and hangs "Waiting for SLP reply". Have tried installing via CD and latest software from HP website with no success. HP forums pretty much useless. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

regards
Unimatrix013

I am having the same issue. interesting note: I was able to get the HP AIO software to install on Windows 7, 32bit. I had to use the Vista compat mode, etc... However, it won't install witn Win 7 64bit.

I see other posts out there about this - we'll see what turns up. Any help HP People?

-M

"Wating for SLP" <RESOLVED>

Ok - for "my" situation - I figured out how to resolve the "waiting for SLP" issue.

Setup: Win 7, RTM, 64bit, Enterprise Ed. HP Printer is C6380, wireless
(FWIW: I did NOT have this issue with Win 7, RTM, 32bit, Enterprise Ed. Appears to be 64bit issue)

I used the "add printer" button in Win 7 (DOH!) - and it found my printer right away, and loaded the latest 64bit drivers for the printer. (note: I went back and changed ports from the web printer port, to the "Standard TCP/IP Printer" port - before this next step - printer still worked fine for printing).

Although this works great if you want to print - I also wanted all the bells and whistles from the HP software (12). So....

I re-ran the install, I tried to see if it would get past the “waiting for SLP replyâ€Â￾ no joy.. so I killed the process, and chose “Printer directly attached with USB cableâ€Â￾, and checked “connect printer later – just install the software nowâ€Â￾. Once the software installed – it saw the printer port and fired off a test page. All software is working now.:p

hope this works for you!

-M

Hi All

I am trying to install c309a HP printer via wireless, it gets to 88% and hangs "Waiting for SLP reply". Have tried installing via CD and latest software from HP website with no success. HP forums pretty much useless. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

regards
Unimatrix013

Im still waiting for HP to phone me back, I spent 3 hours on fone this am trying to cure "Print Drver Host for 32 bit has stopped working", my brand new laptop picks up printer but cant make it work, HP tech guy baffled as what I am,

Shauneen.

I am having the same issue. interesting note: I was able to get the HP AIO software to install on Windows 7, 32bit. I had to use the Vista compat mode, etc... However, it won't install witn Win 7 64bit.

I see other posts out there about this - we'll see what turns up. Any help HP People?

-M

HP baffled too, the tech guy admitted to me this afternoon, i spent 3 hours on fone to them

Im in the same boat, printer will not work, HP has not put up info on this problem yet

Shauneen

Back