Windows 7 Getting BSOD from random stuff

Hi,
Tim unfortunately I installed the latest version of the Windows 10 Preview and have just discovered the debugger isn't compatible yet. This means I'll have to re-install 8.1.... Damn! Ok give me a couple of hours and I'll be back. Apologies for the wait.

Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 1E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff80002ed4f7e, 0, ffffffffffffffff}

Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MiUnlinkPageFromLockedList+1ae )

Followup: MachineOwner
Hi,
as you can see memory corruption was blamed again but as nothing else but this game seems to be causing you issues I'd hazard that it's the game itself or something connected. Try some of the fixes outlined in this post:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/51323
I'd also check for bsod cures yourself (to do with the game as it seems there are several).

If the above doesn't help any then try this. Remove all the sticks of RAM apart from one stick and then try running the game again. If you get a bsod then swap sticks and try again. See if there is a stick which doesn't bsod when running the game. If you find one which doesn't bsod then you know the others are faulty. Just saves you running memtest86 for hours on end.

Okay thank you, if I were to find one of the RAM sticks to be the issue, could you tell me what kinda RAM I need to buy and replace? And maybe even link me to a page with some good affordable RAM?

Sure of course but first do the testing and we can cross that bridge if needed. RAM is relatively cheap these days so unless your running something fast and exotic it shouldn't cost a huge amount to put right.

So a week or so ago, I bought some new RAM. And so far no problems, I think its fixed for good. So thank you again for your awesome help.

Hey that's great to hear and thank you for updating your thread. Hope all goes well and if need be just post back.. :)

Back
Top Bottom