Windows 7 GUI or Code?

Matt

So guys, I'm interested in knowing what you want, a Code Change in Windows 7, so that it's faster, but no new features, like Snow Leopard, which means it will look exactly like Windows Vista, but the code will be very different, much faster, and all the spaghetti code will be gone, or the new UI that's suppose to come out with Windows 7?

I vote for the former, as I think a lot of people just want to use older hardware, so it's important that it runs faster, and also, getting rid of unnecessary code will make it even more reliable.

Why can't there be a bit of both?
I think they should quit on Vista, and focus on 7, one team remaking the gui, and one optimizing code. They don't even have to do a rewrite. Just take the minwin kernel, integrate it, and optimize vista's code. That would be the best.

I agree, with kyle
It should be both faster performance and have a fresh nice GUI, Microsoft is working with new GUI also with new features and looks like they already done with the new kernel, they should just optimize it more and clean up those bloats. For that the hardware requirements would be same, not to much or if possible lowered (IMO they can't make it lower the system req). If Snow Leopard will have no major new features, probably they can beaten up by upcoming Windows 7 (If they didn't release another newer OS).

Back