Windows 7 Has anyone had success networking in 7057

SteveW1

I was running the 7000 build and had it running and networked with my wifes XP Pro machine I could see her C: drive and access it successfully but I have just installed the 7057 build and now I cannot see her computer at all yet she can see mine but not access it.

My setup is my computer has 2 gigabit ethernet ports, one is connected to my broadband modem the other port is connected to my wifes system, I can access the net with no problems but cannot see her system, My wife can access the net, she can also see my computer but not access it.

At this stage I have bridged the 2 ethernet ports on my system as that was how I got the networking going in the 7000 build.

Any suggestions or help would be appreciated

Steve

I was running the 7000 build and had it running and networked with my wifes XP Pro machine I could see her C: drive and access it successfully but I have just installed the 7057 build and now I cannot see her computer at all yet she can see mine but not access it.

My setup is my computer has 2 gigabit ethernet ports, one is connected to my broadband modem the other port is connected to my wifes system, I can access the net with no problems but cannot see her system, My wife can access the net, she can also see my computer but not access it.

At this stage I have bridged the 2 ethernet ports on my system as that was how I got the networking going in the 7000 build.

Any suggestions or help would be appreciated

Steve

yes i can access my main machine running win 7.7057 from my laptop running XP but I cannot access the XP machine from win 7 :confused:

The reason I had problems initially was down to permissions set in my folders on my win 7 machine , overcome by right click sharing then specific people picking drop down for homegroup and everyone then add :)

I still am not sure if I like the homegroup setup it looks pretty simple, but only if it works, and if it doesn't then there is a distinct lack of clues :frown:

Same problem here...
Version 7000 worked allright, 7057 cant see other pcs but if I type their addres on network and sharing I can still get to the folders, just cant see them at networks.

make sure you have password sharing off, that was my problem, turned that off and its working fine now in 7057

make sure you have password sharing off, that was my problem, turned that off and its working fine now in 7057

Ive turned off passwords and have shared my C drive still a no go, and Homegroups is useless as it only works for computers running WIN 7, My wifes computer is fully shared and accessible but can still not see it.

Any body have any other ideas?

Steve

Hot damn I have figured it out and it works

I opened up "Explore", right clicked on the "Computer" Icon, Click on "Add a Network Location", Click on "Choose a Custom Network Location"
Type in your Network location you want to add and hey presto it adds it for you.

Last edited:
my computer has 2 gigabit ethernet ports, one is connected to my broadband modem the other port is connected to my wifes system
Have both network cards "default gateway" entries? Then delete the gateway entry from the port connected to your wifes system.

Back