Has Your Windows 7 Install Been a Miserable Experience? [Question Of The Day] (Gizmod

Discussion in 'Live RSS Feeds' started by News, Oct 26, 2009.

1. News

News Extraordinary Robot
    News Feed

There has been a lot of frustrated twitter chatter about the install experience for Windows 7, so it seemed like a good idea to askâ€â€￾how has your install been going? How Has Your Windows 7...

More...

2. JoeStLouis34

JoeStLouis34 New Member

I had rc installed and backed up on a second hard disk, Formatted the first disk and did an install of 7 pro. Went like a snap. The only hitch was reinstalling all my applications, but they all worked perfectly. I was originally upgrading from XP Pro.
    :p:p:D
    Joe

3. mzim

mzim New Member

Purchased the 3 license family pack last week. Installed on 1 yr old Dell laptop (ok), a rebuilt Dell Dimension 8400 (new graphics card, larger drive, memory) that one is super quick with no problems........now for the finale, On my HP Presario 9600 series, Im searching this forum for a startup freeze problem Im having. I was also having monitor wake up problems but resolved that (Ithink) .....2 for three isnt bad I guess. I'll get there....Im still poking around this forum.

4. BigFeet

BigFeet Senior Member

Upgraded (via clean install) from win xp x32 to win 7 x64. Went perfectly.