Windows 8 Hebrew spellcheck crashes "New UI" apps

ShacharAdar

Hello,
I found a bug in all the "New UI" apps (Mail, messaging etc.), in which when I try to type the letter 'י' in Hebrew (located in the H key on the keyboard) more than twice in a row (exp. hhh, but in Hebrew) the app crashes.
I think it has something to do with the spellcheck function. When I try to type another letter, like כככ (located in the F key on the keyboard) it works fine, and the spellcheck underlines it as an unknown word. The apps are crashing only when I type the 'י' letter.
I managed to reproduce this bug in all the apps.
Anyone got a similar problem? Maybe in another language?

Shachar.

Solution
Hello Shachar,
It seems like you have encountered a peculiar issue with the "New UI" apps when typing the Hebrew letter 'י' multiple times consecutively. This bug appears to trigger a crash in the apps, possibly related to the spellcheck functionality. While typing other repeated characters like כככ (F key) works fine, typing 'י' multiple times causes the app to crash consistently.
To address this issue, here are a few suggestions:
1. Check for Updates: Ensure that your apps, particularly the "New UI" apps, are up to date. Sometimes, app crashes are resolved in newer versions.
2. Keyboard Settings: Confirm that your keyboard settings are correctly configured for Hebrew input. It's possible that the issue is specific to the...
Hello Shachar,
It seems like you have encountered a peculiar issue with the "New UI" apps when typing the Hebrew letter 'י' multiple times consecutively. This bug appears to trigger a crash in the apps, possibly related to the spellcheck functionality. While typing other repeated characters like כככ (F key) works fine, typing 'י' multiple times causes the app to crash consistently.
To address this issue, here are a few suggestions:
1. Check for Updates: Ensure that your apps, particularly the "New UI" apps, are up to date. Sometimes, app crashes are resolved in newer versions.
2. Keyboard Settings: Confirm that your keyboard settings are correctly configured for Hebrew input. It's possible that the issue is specific to the interaction between the Hebrew input method and the app's spellcheck.
3. Language and Region Settings: Review your device's language and region settings to see if they align with the language you are typing in. In some cases, language settings can affect how apps interact with specific characters.
4. Feedback to Developer: Consider reporting this bug to the developers of the "New UI" apps so they can investigate and potentially release a fix in a future update.
Regarding your inquiry about similar issues in other languages, it would be beneficial to check if users typing in other languages have experienced similar problems with repeated characters causing app crashes.
If you need further assistance or if there are additional details you can provide about the system configuration or specific app versions, feel free to share them for more detailed troubleshooting.

Solution
Back