Windows 7 HELP! Need to Install HP Print Drivers....doesn't like my OS....

SonicNitro

"I tried to Install my HP printer sofware and it says it's not supported by my OS...but I need this print software!

Thanks"

EDIT: I no longer need to install this driver! I was trying to install the XP driver! That to everyone for the help!

***Note: If you are having the same issue, you need to install the vista drivers for your W7 Machine!****

Thanks!

Last edited:
Just a note to all posters who are having problems.

In order to troubleshoot your problem we neede to know more detailed specs of your system hardware.

Five choices
1. Go to Start > Run, and type msinfo32
2. Go to Control Panel > Device Manager and look for any entry that has a yellow flag beside it
3. Download |MG| SIW (System Info) 2009.5.12
4. Download |MG| SIV (System Information Viewer) 3.36
5 Please fill out your computers specs in the User Control Panel here on the site as well. It will then appear next to your name. look at my posting and you'll see the drop-down arrow.

The exact model number of the HP printer would definately help

Try this link and choose your printer model, or download HP's Detection utility
HP United States - Computers, Laptops, Servers, Printers and more

I myself have an HP LaserJet 1020 I had to phisically download the vista drivers then go into device manager and install the printer itself alot of hard work but worth it now the printer works fine good luck on finding the drivers and hopefully you'll get it installed another thing what you are trying to install would have been nice like raghakr said

Don't forget about compatibility mode too. I've had many programs and drivers not even attempt to install because it didn't recognize the OS. you can right click properties, then compatibility tab and change it to vista/xp or whatever. that usually works for me. :)

I have a HP Officejet Pro L7590 and I didn't have a bit of problems with win7 drivers, as a matter of fact I didn't even need the CD :D

I have a HP Officejet Pro L7590 and I didn't have a bit of problems with win7 drivers, as a matter of fact I didn't even need the CD :D

Well, arn't you just the lucky one! :D

I have a C5280 and downloaded the XP drivers, not vista! So, it's all good now....

For those having problems, credit goes to Davehc for this one.

Go to Start > Devices and printer, choose Add a device, select the printer and see if your printer is in the list.

If you have downloaded the drivers and they are not installing, choose have Disk and navigate to the directory with the extracted files and choose the .inf file.

Do not download HP printer software

Do not download HP printer software as you will likely lose your DNS and have no internet connection!!! A friend does contract work for HP I have been informed that they will not be releasing any Windows 7 software until after December when the full Windows 7 version is released.

I've downloaded it with no problems and that was with the beta builds installed fine in the RC and still working fine haven't noticed anything as of yet.

Cannon PIXMA MP190

Works great with windows 7 all versions :D You can install CD software without issue .Link Removed due to 404 Error

Do not download HP printer software as you will likely lose your DNS and have no internet connection!!! A friend does contract work for HP I have been informed that they will not be releasing any Windows 7 software until after December when the full Windows 7 version is released.

TY >. I have found the cannon printer I mentioned above works great . It is only a home printer photo and documents not suitable for office use . Works great on win7 :D
Pixma MP190 and its cheap ;)

Back