Windows Vista Help re-installing iTunes?

SmellySocks91

I wish to update to the latest version of iTunes but there seems to be something wrong with my registry.

The following keeps coming up each time I try to install it.

Could not open key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Classes\Interface\{915 DA835-02FE-4953-92FA-624BDF5D85AB}\ProxyStubClsid32. Verify that you have sufficient access to that key, or contact your support personnel.

and the installation will just undo itself. I am now stranded with a corrupted version of iTunes as it is partially uninstalled and I will get an error message each time I use it.

What can I do to resolve this issue? I am not familiar with the registry.

I use:

• Windows Vista Home Premium
  • An Administrator account - have tried running the installation as an Admin but still no luck.
In actual fact, the same issue also occurs for some other programs too.

Any help would be appreciated. Many thanks.

Hi! This problem sounds familar-- Windows Vista Support "Cannot (re) install Itunes by Aero on 8/25 ) Take a look at that thread and see if it helps.

Dear SmellySocks91,

I see that you have a problem with iTunes and some other programs. The reason why there is a problem with iTunes is because you or someone has been messing with Registry Keys. The Registry is the heart of your system. It contorls your programs and operating system. You have either used a Registry Cleaner or messing with Registry Keys. To resolve this issue, click on start and type in

regedit and find the program and delete the rest of the registry keys belonging to iTunes and restart the computer. Reinstall iTunes and then it should work.

Yours Sincerely,

Aikma

Back
Top Bottom