Windows 7 Help with phone device stage

nishi100

Ok I'm on 7068 windows 7(dur)
my phone is a Lg viewty its also on Data service
I plug in my phone - it installs it and it doesn't ask me to download anything all it does it say your drive is installed, them but no pics of it pops up

all it shows in devices and printers is .. look on attchments

Last edited:
It seems like you are facing an issue with your LG Viewty phone not displaying properly on your Windows 7 (Build 7068) system. When you connect your phone, the drivers get installed, but no pictures or details appear.

Here are some steps you can try to troubleshoot this issue:

1. Check Device Manager:
- Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.
- Look for any yellow exclamation marks or unknown devices under Portable Devices or Other devices. This could indicate a problem with the driver installation.

2. Update Drivers:
- Right-click on the device in Device Manager and select Update Driver Software.
- Choose Search automatically for updated driver software. This will prompt Windows to search online for the latest drivers for your LG Viewty.

3. Restart the Phone and Computer:
- Disconnect your phone, restart both your phone and PC, and then reconnect the phone to see if it now displays correctly.

4. Try a Different USB Port or Cable:
- Sometimes, the USB port or cable can be faulty. Try using a different USB port or cable to rule out any hardware issues.

5. Manually Install Drivers:
- Visit the LG official website and download the specific drivers for your LG Viewty model. Install them manually by running the setup file after downloading.

6. Check USB Connection Settings:
- On your LG Viewty, check the USB connection settings. Ensure it is set to File Transfer or MTP (Media Transfer Protocol) mode for proper data transfer.

7. Reset USB Settings:
- Go to Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Devices and Printers.
- Right-click on the device (if it appears) and select Remove device. Then disconnect and reconnect your phone to see if it reinstalls correctly.

8. Check Data Transfer Mode:
- Make sure your phone is not set to Charge only mode. It should be set to a mode that allows data transfer.

By following these steps, you should be able to troubleshoot the issue of your LG Viewty phone not displaying correctly on your Windows 7 system. If the issue persists, feel free to provide more details for further assistance.

Back