Windows Vista HI guys! New to the board and need some help!

[email protected]

I just did a clean load of windows vista on my Sony vaio. It came with xp and then the free upgrade disk.

I did fresh install of Vista, bypassing XP all together.

So..... a couple major annoyances.

When I am in a program, like online (IE7) let's say. I go to upload a picture. After I upload the first, it remembers the location for the second attachment. This is normal right???

OK, so here is what is driving me nuts! Before, not only would it remember what folder my attachments were being inserted from, it would remember the folder view.

For pictures, (I insert a lot of pics on the web) I always expand to extra large thumbnail view. It would always open up to this for the rest of the downloads / attachments.

Ever since the re-load of vista, IE7, or what ever program I'm grabbing pics for, will remember the folder, but it ALWAYS defaults to the small, non-preview icon view.

And the window size is always the same quarter window.

How in the heck do I fix this???

Let me know if you need more info.

Hi Pd, is there any way you could include screenshots with your query? I've read it twice and I'm still not really getting it (it's probably me).
You say you've just installed Vista, what about the service pack? The download is 'stickied' in the forum somewhere, I'd recommend you get that as soon as possible.
Lastly, welcome to the forum..:D

control panel, folder options, view, uncheck
or check
always show thumbnails, not icons.
hope it helps

Unzip the attached file. You can read what it does in the txt file. Just run the reg and its function is to save your explorer templates.

Last edited:
Thanks, I've tried the folder view before, and just retried it..... no luck.

How do I take screen shots?

This only happens when I am online trying to upload pics. When I hit the "browse" (for file button) and change the view to large thumbs and expand the window size, I have to that time I hit the "browse" button.

Didn't used to do that. Doesn't do this using word, or outlook, just online.

I'll take screen shots if you can tell me how.

I updated all windows updates when I did the fresh install.

Glad you git it sorted. If you want a free .rar solution go here:
7-Zip
Great little zip utility which I always use, highly recommended.

Back
Top Bottom