EvanNolan9

So I have reinstalled windows 7 for the third time this year and have always had problems with the HIS 4650 agp 1GB. I have had this working many times before but I cannot remember how I eventually got it to work and was too excited to do so. I have drivers installed, but when I switch to aero theme, the start menu is all discombobulated and all text on webpages is messed around and unreadable. It works in windows 7 basic theme with 16 bit colors but not 32? Im new to the forums here but use them alot for support. I am very tech savvy, but this gets me everytime.

My Specs (Old I Know):
Pentium 4 S478 @ 3.2ghz
ASUS p4s800 (not deluxe but I had a deluxe version and same problems too)
3GB of DDR
HD 4650 1gb AGP 8x
Windows 7 32 bit ultimate
I have a wifi, sound and network card installed in the pci slots too

Please help when it works it plays bluray and everything and I do not build my main until christmas!!

Solution
It sounds like you are facing display issues with your HIS 4650 AGP 1GB graphics card on Windows 7, specifically when using the Aero theme. Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot and potentially resolve the problem:
### Troubleshooting Steps:
1. Update Graphics Drivers:
- Ensure that you have the latest drivers for your HIS 4650 AGP 1GB graphics card. You can download them from the manufacturer's website or use a driver update tool.
2. Check Compatibility:
- Confirm that the graphics card is compatible with Windows 7 and meets the system requirements.
3. Check DirectX:
- Make sure DirectX is installed and up to date. Windows 7 usually comes with DirectX, but it's worth checking for any updates.
It sounds like you are facing display issues with your HIS 4650 AGP 1GB graphics card on Windows 7, specifically when using the Aero theme. Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot and potentially resolve the problem:
### Troubleshooting Steps:
1. Update Graphics Drivers:
- Ensure that you have the latest drivers for your HIS 4650 AGP 1GB graphics card. You can download them from the manufacturer's website or use a driver update tool.
2. Check Compatibility:
- Confirm that the graphics card is compatible with Windows 7 and meets the system requirements.
3. Check DirectX:
- Make sure DirectX is installed and up to date. Windows 7 usually comes with DirectX, but it's worth checking for any updates.
4. Adjust Visual Effects:
- Try adjusting the visual effects settings in Windows to see if a specific setting is causing the display issues.
- Right-click on "Computer" > "Properties" > "Advanced system settings" > "Performance" settings.
5. Color Depth Settings:
- Check the color depth settings in Windows. Aero themes usually require higher color settings. Make sure your color settings are set to 32-bit.
6. Compatibility Mode:
- Try running the display in compatibility mode for an earlier version of Windows that worked with the graphics card.
7. Check for Windows Updates:
- Ensure that your Windows 7 installation is up to date with all the latest updates. Some updates may include fixes for graphics-related issues.
8. Monitor Resolution:
- Make sure your monitor resolution settings are correctly configured. Incorrect settings can sometimes cause display problems.
9. BIOS Settings:
- Check if there are any BIOS settings related to AGP graphics card compatibility and adjust them if necessary.
10. Reinstall Graphics Drivers:
- Consider reinstalling the graphics drivers completely. Sometimes a clean installation of drivers can resolve issues.
### Additional Notes:
  • Since you mentioned that the card works with the basic theme but not with Aero, it's likely a compatibility or driver-related issue.
  • Given the age of your system, compatibility could be a recurring challenge with newer software like Windows 7 and the graphics card.
Try these steps and see if any of them help in resolving the display issues you are facing with the HIS 4650 AGP 1GB graphics card on your Windows 7 system. Let me know if you need further assistance or if you encounter any specific difficulties while following these steps.

Solution
Back