Windows 7 Home premium Vs Professional

maasse

Hey you guys!

I really haven't got any idea if im in the good sub-furom but Let's post it here:

What is the difference between home premium and professional in windows 7 because I noticed the difference in price..

What is better if you are buying your pc as a "gaming pc" to play games?

Kind regards, Michael

(Sorry for the bad use of English;))

Home Premium for Gaming

Home Premium is better for gaming, because it comes with better Multi-Media support. A Home Premium computer will probably come with better graphics and sound too. The only reason to buy the Pro version is if you want to join your computer to an Active Directory Domain. If you don't have a home network server with a domain controller, then save the extra money and buy Home Premium.

Thx Penguin! Thats some usefull information for me because my system is for gaming only :D
One more question:
Can you run games in the Compatibility modes with home premium?

Kind regards, Michiel

Running games and applications in XP mode is one big advantage of Win 7 Professional over Home Premium.

Running games and applications in XP mode is one big advantage of Win 7 Professional over Home Premium.

Can't run games in XP Mode.

XP Mode is for applications only.... there is no virualization for graphics.

More specifically,,,, 3D Graphics. We aren't there yet. If ever.

Even More Specific..... there is no virtualization of Direct3D.
Unless I missed something somewhere.

Can't run games in XP Mode.

XP Mode is for applications only.... there is no virualization for graphics.

More specifically,,,, 3D Graphics. We aren't there yet. If ever.

Even More Specific..... there is no virtualization of Direct3D.
Unless I missed something somewhere.

Tepid, you are ABSOLUTELY right talking about the 7's XP virtualization mode. I thought of XP compatibility mode TAB which I know is present in Vista Ultimate and 7 RC, but I don't know if this tab is present in Home Premium versions of Microsoft Windows as well.

attachment.php

As for computer games, I have personally run Half-Life 2 XP compatible in 7 RC x64, as otherwise it gives error if not run XP compatible.

Thx for your reply cybercore. Its the thing Cybercore is talking about > is that tab in his attachement also on windows7 home premium ? So that I can run older games in windows xp service pack 3 compatibility mode?

Kind regards, Maas

My appologies,, I thought we were talking 7 - XP Mode Virtualization.

To my knowledge, that tab should be available in just about every flavor of 7.
It's essential to some apps, so I doubt it would be removed in Home,,, might not be there in like starter,,, but I think it is part of the core OS.

Back
Top Bottom