Windows 10 Home security app

oceangirl10

I'm wanting an app to use my laptop as a home security video device. I have done some browsing and don't really know what the better ones are. Doesn't have to be free. Recommendations?
Or say forums where I might find an answer to this question?

I would honestly just invest money in a security camera. They usually have build in web interfaces or associated apps to view and save footage.

I haven't found one that gets great ratings and does what I want it to do. They can be glitchy. I need choice of wifi or not, records as it videos, has extra fast playback, hopefully 60x, sounds basic but hard to find. A laptop does all of those things except the second one. I need an app that will d that.

Hm, I would think you could record for as long as you have space on your hard drive to record. Or what ever software you're using to record allows it to just over write the previous recording when it gets full.

I use AMCrest cameras and they work wired or wireless are 1080p and support night vision.

They work well and don't require a subscription like ring. I do get email alerts from them and I can VPN to my home and look at the footage if needed.

I'm wanting an app to use my laptop as a home security video device. I have done some browsing and don't really know what the better ones are. Doesn't have to be free. Recommendations?
Or say forums where I might find an answer to this question?

Hi,

The answer is pretty simple. It all depends upon what you expect from a home security system. If you want your system to assist you in investigating the crime/burglary that has already taken place, go for CCTVs.

BUT if you want to prevent the crime from happening and receive an alert, the moment an attempt is made to break into your home, install a Burglar Alarm System without giving it a second thought.

There are many brands that have launched such products in India e.g. Godrej, EuroVigil, Honeywell, Waltech etc… But be aware that all these products are imported from China and branded and marketed by the companies in India. So be very careful while making a choice. You are likely to end up paying more money for a well known brand’s product compared to a relatively less popular brand (for exactly same specs).
I personally found Waltech products quite reasonably priced compared to other competitors. Their products meet very high standards of quality apart from the best Android App in class to control the alarm panel.

So do your own research and make an informed decision :)

Regards,
Adrian

Back