Windows 7 How can I increase ALT+TAB "full-preview" time?

Axonn

Hi everybody ::- ).

One thing which has me perpetually angry at the ALT+TAB application selection window in Windows 7, is that after a time (about 1 second) it hides the window I triggered it from, replacing it with the window of the currently selected application.

So let's say I'm typing this in FireFox and I press ALT + TAB. As soon as I do this, a timer starts. When it reaches about 1 second, it just hides my FireFox and shows me my Outlook, because that's the next window I have opened.

I don't like this behavior and I would like to know how to change it.

When I hit ALT + TAB I sometimes do it just to see what I have opened or I take a bit more than 1 second to decide where exactly I want to jump. Hiding my currently focused window is distracting & annoying. So I would like to somehow increase that interval to 5-10 seconds. Is this even possible?

IMPORTANT:
- I found out about HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\AltTab "LivePreview_ms" but it doesn't really do the trick. I set there 7000 (decimal) and it kinda' increased from 1 second to 2.5 seconds. Setting 15000 did no further change. Weird. And yes, I restarted explorer.exe all the time.
- I also found out about HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced "DesktopLivePreviewHoverTime" and that doesn't help either.

Thank you in advance!

Back
Top Bottom