Windows 7 How can you copy files to the root of the cdrive on startup?

jakescusack

Hello and Good day to you all, I am running a project on deploying Windows 7 to our Environment all is going well but i am having an issue with trying to run a batch file on start up to copy certain files to the root of the cdrive but because of the enhanced security features i am getting access denied when trying to do so, does anyone know how to get around this?

I just can’t seem to sort it out??

Also is anybody else experiencing the print spooler stopping throughout the day? I think it’s down to the print driver being on a 2003 box but want to check first

If anybody could help me out it would be greatly appreciated!!

Jake

Hi and welcome to the forums.

You can right-click those certain files > Prperties > Security > set administrator permissions to the full. Then right click the batch file > Properties > Compatibility > check Run this program as an administrator.

Many thanks cybercore, that makes total sense!!! I went through that but the compatibility tab is all greyed out?, i have reset all the permission to full but it still greyout??

Also i am trying to set the permisiions onto a batch file i run on startup to call these files, if that helps?

Last edited:
You're right - just created a batch file and the Run as option is greyed out. Create a shortcut of the batch file, then:

right-click the shortcut > Properties > Shortcut tab > Advanced button > Check the Run as administrator checkbox.

+ grant full permissions to the target files copied.

Thanks for your time and help with this but I'm are still getting access denied?

Is there any way we can run the Run As Administrator Command within the batch file?

Hello jakescusack,
Have you tried installing Windows 7 with USB Flash Drive? I use USB flash drives all the time for OS install it works perfectly - lot faster and no DVDs to get scratched and damaged! :)
You can download the USB tool for free and copy your Windows 7 ISO to the USB. Complete instructions can be found here:
Microsoft Store: Download Manager Help
Thanks,
John M
Microsoft Windows Client Team

Back