Windows 10 How do I get out of Demo Mode??? Need help, please.

Pancho

Honorable Member
How do I get out of Demo Mode, Win10??? Need help, please.

Hello,
Today purchased at Bestbuy open box Lenovo.
All the staff was very helpful and it came at a great price, so, this is not a complaint about Bestbuy.
Issue is that machine is in Demo Mode, which, of course, I ignored, as I installed about 6 programs. I use this machine for work, so, it's not a gaming fun thing--it's a necessary, I have to pay my rent, thing.
Questions:
1. How get out of Demo Mode ?
2. Any way to preserve the programs I've already installed, or will I have to reinstall?
Note: It's only about an hour or so to reinstall, so it's not really a big deal. More important is getting out of Demo Mode, and into the regular W10 user mode.

Your help would be greatly appreciated.
PS. Tried the search for "Demo Mode", and got links to Android sites, etc. So, don't quite understand how the search engine works on this forum.
Again, thanks.

Last edited:
Well you could do one of the following
  • Boot into safe mode and remove their demo software
  • Re-install the operating system
  • Call best buy and have them remove it since they failed to do so in the first place

There is no such thing as "Demo Mode" in W10. It's probably a Best Buy proprietary OS load that keeps folks from scrambling the W10 on live floor models is what you're talking about. But, hey, that's what you get when you buy Open-box stuff. I don't guess you opened it up *if they gave you a box at all* in the Store to check it was a full w10 load? You might consider that the next time, as just about all the major retail brick-and-mortar store chains have been doing that for 10+ years. This is true of all open-box hardware, but, some of that stuff is hard to test in the Store, such as a webcam or scanner and the Tech associates do not want to burn up hours doing an install of a peripheral onto a live PC for you--unless you're a professional Tech or Engineer and insist on it. They just are told to push you out the door and get your money. It's up to YOU to realize they are selling you open-box hardware and for you to test it. They don't care if you have to drive 100 miles or 5 miles back to the store after you take home your item and it doesn't work.

Just sayin' for next time.:lightbulb:

Best,
<<<BIGBEARJEDI>>>

Actually there is a demo mode in Windows 10, the service that controls it is called 'Retail Demo Service'. There should be an account called RetailAdmin you can try logging into that account to disable demo mode the password should be trs10

Back