Windows 7 How long do you think b4 win7 is pirated ?

whoosh

Cooler King
Staff member
Premium Supporter
It would seem inevitable that soon pirated editions of windows 7 will be available . Just interested in any thoughts on this .

There is a black edition but an early beta that has been made available . Why anyone would do that with a beta I dont know !

Also of note the Pirates Bay have just been sentenced too a year in prison and fined a million pound:confused:

"Why anyone would do that with a beta I dont know "

Possibly for the same reasons that they constantly download and install succesive builds.

"Why anyone would do that with a beta I dont know "

Possibly for the same reasons that they constantly download and install succesive builds.

Yes but the black edition is based on windows 7 7000 beta ! Why would anyone put out a modified beta as a full and working OS = wierd !

well you can already download this program that allows you to get rid of the 'time bomb'

You can also get rid of the watermark but why would anyone want to do that in a beta ?

It would seem inevitable that soon pirated editions of windows 7 will be available . Just interested in any thoughts on this .

If you're talking about the final build and when it'll be pirated, the answer is before it hits store shelves.
When Vista went RTM, I had a copy three days later that was fully cracked. That's three days after RTM (~Nov 11th) and three months before the release to the public.

If you're talking about the final build and when it'll be pirated, the answer is before it hits store shelves.
When Vista went RTM, I had a copy three days later that was fully cracked. That's three days after RTM (~Nov 11th) and three months before the release to the public.

Yes the final build . That was my thoughts to it would be on a puter even b4 it was in the shops :eek:

well you can already download this program that allows you to get rid of the 'time bomb'

PLEASE TRY OUT STUFF BEFORE POSTING TOTALLY MISLEADING INFO.

I don't normally get angry with people on Forums as there's not much point - especially when its someone's first few posts

but :

WINDOWS BETA EXPIRES - PERIOD - PERIOD PERIOD. There's no known fix in the known and unknown universe that has got round this limitation -- doesn't matter what WINVER or slmgr returns back -- JUST TEST IT FIRST.

If you actually look through this forum (and on another simililarly named forum as well) you will see I conducted a proper test of the expiry.

You must disconnect COMPLETELY from the Internet and change the system date IN THE BIOS before booting - Then try it.

Please post your BIOS settings with a date > Aug 15 (for 7000 Beta) and system date / time . Note of course once you re-connect to the internet for say a driver / microsoft update then all bets are off as there are "many external date checks" just in case Microsoft thinks date and time is incorrectly set.

Cheers
jimbo

Windows 7 will become pirated; probably more than XP/Vista. Each build of the beta (Up until 7077) expires either later, or within a week or two of W7's release.

As long as PC hardware is easy to build, comes from different manufacturers and not as secured as a MAC, Microsoft products will always be pirated, even if we reach Windows 8 or Windows 9 whatever version in the future.

But personally, I think Microsoft really isn't hurt a lot by piracy.. instead it's a way of advertising their product. Think of it, a lot of people would've never got interested in Windows 7 had they weren't able to get a copy from the torrent sites. Hundreds of people, maybe including you and me are in this forum discussing about windows 7 because we got a FREE copy, right?

Piracy, in it's most simple form is that inherently, every soul in this world wants a FREEBIE one way or the other.. :) Just my thoughts!

PLEASE TRY OUT STUFF BEFORE POSTING TOTALLY MISLEADING INFO.

I don't normally get angry with people on Forums as there's not much point - especially when its someone's first few posts

but :

WINDOWS BETA EXPIRES - PERIOD - PERIOD PERIOD. There's no known fix in the known and unknown universe that has got round this limitation -- doesn't matter what WINVER or slmgr returns back -- JUST TEST IT FIRST.

If you actually look through this forum (and on another simililarly named forum as well) you will see I conducted a proper test of the expiry.

You must disconnect COMPLETELY from the Internet and change the system date IN THE BIOS before booting - Then try it.

Please post your BIOS settings with a date > Aug 15 (for 7000 Beta) and system date / time . Note of course once you re-connect to the internet for say a driver / microsoft update then all bets are off as there are "many external date checks" just in case Microsoft thinks date and time is incorrectly set.

Cheers
jimbo
My GOD! There is a time bomb patch I know because I tried it, patched 7077 and then rebooted, up the date to September 2010 and rebooted and no difference, without the patch I had limited function so the patch does work! Its out on the torrents :eek:

As long as PC hardware is easy to build, comes from different manufacturers and not as secured as a MAC, Microsoft products will always be pirated, even if we reach Windows 8 or Windows 9 whatever version in the future.

But personally, I think Microsoft really isn't hurt a lot by piracy.. instead it's a way of advertising their product. Think of it, a lot of people would've never got interested in Windows 7 had they weren't able to get a copy from the torrent sites. Hundreds of people, maybe including you and me are in this forum discussing about windows 7 because we got a FREE copy, right?

Piracy, in it's most simple form is that inherently, every soul in this world wants a FREEBIE one way or the other.. :) Just my thoughts!
Even reach 8? there is an 8 MS already started to work on it a few months ago.;)

I do believe Microsoft even agrees with you, although there was no official announcement on it. There was a rumor going around that the initial W7 Beta had been leaked on purpose by MS. It was about what... a week later that they decided to open beta testing to the public?

If they really did leak it on purpose, I say they knew exactly what would come of it. Think of how many thousands, of even millions, of people who have now run W7 and fallen in love with it who would otherwise probably not even know about it yet. Chances are MS will have more preorders for this OS than they had in the first full year of Vista sales, and they know it.

You are absolutely right, i found out of windows 7 in forums and from microsoft main site, but i useually dont hang there.
Little bit of advertising, and some pirating and your product preads. Everyone wants to try out the product, before buying, pirating is one of the solutions. Some people in the world, who is interested in everything new, finds a way to try thing out before buying, same as me, i download it illegally, before i buy it, if i truly like it i will cash my bucks in, and be happy with my NEW Windows.

Depends personnel ofcourse.
Pirating is one of those things, that you cant just stop happening.

And i suppose, that windows 7 "pirated edition" will be released about a week after the REAL Release, someone buys it, and then spreads it. You cant stop it, or make it impossible.

Windows 7 will be pirated before it's released to the public. Microsoft send the RTM (release to manufacturing) to the hardware vendros and puts it on MSDN and Technet. Even more important then the actual Windows 7 is the key codes. The Key Codes from MSDN don't limit the number of install like the retail versions of MS operating Systems.

There is a black edition but an early beta that has been made available . Why anyone would do that with a beta I dont know !

Also of note the Pirates Bay have just been sentenced too a year in prison and fined a million pound:confused:

Try minus a little less then a year or so? (Whenever milestone 2 was).

There has been SO many leaked builds of Windows 7. And there has been many various hacks for it throughout this time.

And the question in itself, is pointless. Pirates will ALWAYS be able to pirate software, as thats all software is, software, very easy to modify and trick. With a closed OS (think cheap phone), its ALOT easier, but with an Open OS (like Windows, Mac, Linux). There will always be a flaw somewhere in the logic, and you cant make a perfectly secure system locally that is still usable as an Open OS.

NOTE: "Open OS" is a non technical term!

And "Black edition" is just a pre-modified Windows, not hacking persay. Its a "sort of" inbuilt feature of Windows (meant for OEM's, not normal people, but you can use tools to make your own with free legal software, think vLite). So in other words, its not hacking, but normal consumers aren't meant to do it. (System administrators with licenses are allowed to though)

Back