Windows 10 How to Control your Privacy in Microsoft Windows 10

How to Control your Privacy in Microsoft Windows 10
The privacy options in Windows 10, arguably, turn your computer system and your personal usage into an advertising platform. Using an innocuous looking upgrade vacuum, your privacy may be compromised. In this video, I will help you take some simple steps to secure your operating system.

Instructions:
  • Search for "Settings"
  • Open the new Settings control panel.
  • Navigate and click on Privacy
  • Disable everything.

Last edited:
I somehow missed this topic...
Very nice video and I completely agree with you on this "hot" subject !

But there's one huge problem !
Whatever your settings are, Windows 10 will not stop talking to MS. See this article.
And remember that (mandatory) updates can change anything they want...

For the people who don't believe that MS has full access to their Windows 10 system and private files I did some simple tests. One of these test you can watch in the video below.
MS talking to my explorer.exe while I am doing absolutely nothing...

Why is MS connecting with my file explorer ?

What do you think about this whole privacy issue with Windows 10 ?
Are there other solutions that will work ?
I find it difficult that so many people just don't care... ;)

OTT

I somehow missed this topic...

I find it difficult that so many people just don't care... ;)

OTT

Yes really, they just don;t understand what this 10 is doing sending their data to Microsoft servers.......

Mine is not doing that even with CurrPorts
Course I use a few things to shut that mess down. Uninstall the Phone APPS #1. My PC is not a phone. Don't care to connect all them things with it. Hate that my android phone even does it but can't stop it unless I root it.

I can fight back on Win 10 right now and one of the best APPS out there is W10 Privacy
Start - W10Privacy

If you want to get rid of Cortana cause right now thats a different Privacy nightmare process and may shut down your mess then let me know.

I've tried the rest of those. W10Privacy far outdoes all the rest so far. Uninstall most User and System apps but you can do that with Dism and some with powershell. Whole lot of settings turning off the MS Chatter.
Only one app will uninstall Cortana and Search2

That's where I'm at with most all that uninstalled I'm just watching the updates see what they do :) testing

OTT

Finally seen this Explorer connecting while I was messing with ports used on Weather
Geo IP Tool - View my IP information: 23.43.194.208
Least that was IP for me
Think I'll add a Firewall rule both in and out

Open elevated command prompt
netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="EXPLORER IP Block IN" dir=in interface=any action=block remoteip=23.43.194.208

netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="EXPLORER IP Block OUT" dir=out interface=any action=block remoteip=23.43.194.208

You can add the 23.43.194.208/32 to block a whole range but I'll wait and see if this occurs again

Last edited:
Ah, you found one of the (many) other connections... ;)

It's a connection to "akamaitechnologies" which is a content delivery network.
I think "content" should be delivered to the specific apps and not to explorer !
It's a security risk and I don't like all those connections to my explorer.exe who has full access to my private files...

Like I said in the video : It just looks like an infected explorer !
I call this Bad By Design !

OTT

How to Control your Privacy in Microsoft Windows 10
The privacy options in Windows 10, arguably, turn your computer system and your personal usage into an advertising platform. Using an innocuous looking upgrade vacuum, your privacy may be compromised. In this video, I will help you take some simple steps to secure your operating system.

Instructions:
  • Search for "Settings"
  • Open the new Settings control panel.
  • Navigate and click on Privacy
  • Disable everything.

))))

Back
Top Bottom