Windows 10 How to make SD card act like perm hard disk in Win 10 Pro?

Ninethe

Extraordinary Member
I'm setting up a Toshiba Encore 2 Tablet for a family member. I've already updated it to run 32-bit Windows 10 Pro 1607. It came with a very small amount of internal EMCC storage (24 GB available, NTFS formatted), but fortunately it also includes a MicroSD slot, which I've populated as a 128 GB NTFS drive. I've successfully installed and run many applications to/from this MicroSD disk ("D:\").

But this disk apparently is seen by Windows as a removable drive and so it does not include a Recycle Bin and Windows refuses to list this disk as available to store Restore Points, both of which I want to enable.

How can I accomplish this? Am I correct in suspecting that if I can somehow force Windows to see the D:\ drive as a non-removable hard drive, it will automatically setup or enable a Recycle Bin and also allow me to turn on System Protection for the drive? If not, how can I do what I want?

Thanks!

i've heard of a utility called "ibin" … supposedly, it can create a recycle-bin on sd-card. before downloading … check the url for the software with virustotal.com … when it's copied to your drive, scan the file with av. take note of the "malware detected" signature … so, use at your own risk.

iBin

Last edited:
i've heard of a utility called "ibin" … supposedly, it can create a recycle-bin on sd-card. before downloading … check the url for the software with virustotal.com … when it's copied to your drive, scan the file with av. take note of the "malware detected" signature … so, use at your own risk.

iBin

Thanks for your reply, pnamajck! I found lots of links to iBin, but as you saw as well it appears to contain a malware sig. I investigated further and found that iBin was written in AutoHotKey, and I'm aware that items written in that language are known to set off false positives, but there's no way to tell if this is one of them. Therefore, I wanted a better solution, which is why I created this thread...

Back