Windows 7 How to quickly get Driver Information (without Driver Pro etc).

jimbo45

Hi guys

I think if you've read some of my posts you know exactly how I feel about those Hideous prpgrams that offer to scan your computer for drivers and then come up with all sorts of NAG/SPYWARE usually saying you need to BUY something before you can access the data base etc etc. I REALLY HATE THESE as they try to sucker you in by saying FREE DOWNLOAD (yes the scanning program is FREE but that's all).

OK this Aussie guy has wiorked it all out -- use this

Craig's PCI Programs

There's also a text file giving all the details of vendor id's (you can get this from the \PCI_VEN_number etc by going into control panel==>system==hardware. click on the device you want to get details for scroll to the details tab and on the properties sacroll to hardwar ids -- now you can google / do a bit more research and if the driver is still available you should be able to find software for it.

I've attached the text file as well (vendorids.txt)

Don't get "Scammed" or "suckered" into paying for stuff you don't need -- also these programs offerring to scan your computer from a web site are a real source of virus / trojan transmission.

Cheers
jimbo

Cheers
jimbo

Hi there
Your first link doesn't work on W7 X-64 -- you get a message "This program is not compatable with a 64 Bit operating system --setup cannot continue".

(I did try --as I always try any download of this type first on a Virtual machine but that shouldn't make any difference as it should be able to detect the "Virtual Hardware" or at least give an error whne attempting to access real hardware on a Virtual Machine).

Cheers
jimbo

Hi there -- the 32 bit versions work fine -- cheers

(You're working early -- it's 15.00 here -- just about finished for the day)

cheers
jimbo

Yea, I think I'll make a note saying it works on the 32-bit version, but note sure about 64-bit.

Here in Erie, PA it's 10:30AM (EST)

Back
Top Bottom