Windows 7 HP CP1025NW Toner Cartridges (HP126A)

Good. Make sure you have changed all the defaults in the router so no nosy neighbor wizkid piggy-backs off your network.

Good idea, but I still haven't been able to access the configuration wizard, and so far I've not had any problems with anyone access my network...that I'm aware of. I did have a problem with my HTPC being hacked, but it is not part of my network, it just uses the guest connection of my router. I now keep the WiFi adapter disconnected, unless I have to get online for a short period.

I had thought of it as a one-way street...outbound only, but obviously the adapter doesn't have proper safeguards, or I simply don't know how to use them.

and so far I've not had any problems with anyone access my network...that I'm aware of.
Well, that's often the problem. A lot of malicious code is designed to remain totally undetected by the user by NOT affecting performance or conducting any malicious activity against you, the infested host computer or your network. Instead, the code sits there dormant until activated by some time or event and then uses your network connection, your ISP account to send spam or participate in a DDoS attack against some company or government agency - doing so with just a tiny impact on your computers or network - but of course, doing so with your IP address making you look like the bad guy. Something to think about if you have not yet changed your passwords and phrases from the widely published defaults.

This is getting embarrassing. The toner cartridges arrived today, and I tried to install them, but stumbled on what appeared to be the easiest step. Looking at the HP instruction video, it appears that one just presses the white button in the row on the right top, then the one corresponding to the color of the cartridge to install and raise the top. In the video the old cartridges magically rise out of the machine and the new ones just fall in. However, no matter how I turn or tilt them, they don't seem to fit...what is the trick?

Disregard, I've got it working now. For some strange reason, what I think is the little colored print board is on the opposite side of the cartridge from what is shown in the video, and that caused me to keep trying to put them in backwards. OEM or not, one would think that the print board would be on the same side either way. Maybe the video is out of date and for some other model...I don't know.

Back
Top Bottom