Windows 10 I cannot reach my .bat type locked folder

drknl

Hi everyone,

2 months ago I locked a folder in my external hard drive using the code below via a .bat file. Now, when I unlock the folder it seems to be empty. I checked on the storage details of the disk and it remains the same. Therefore I believe these files are not deleted but not visible either. Could you help me to reach back to my files again? Thanks already :).

The lock code:

ren Locker "Control Panel.{21EC2020-3AEA-1069-A2DD-08002B30309D}"

attrib +h +s "Control Panel.{21EC2020-3AEA-1069-A2DD-08002B30309D}"

I tried both reversing the lock and unlock code but it did not work out. To be helpful, I'm sharing all the code below:

cls
:BASTAN
@echo OFF

title Folder Gizlique

if EXIST "Control Panel.{21EC2020-3AEA-1069-A2DD-08002B30309D}" goto UNLOCK

if NOT EXIST Gizlique goto MDLOCKER

:CONFIRM

echo "Gizlique dosyasini gizlemek istiyor musun? (y/n)"

set/p "cho=>"

if %cho%==Y goto LOCK

if %cho%==y goto LOCK

if %cho%==n goto END

if %cho%==N goto END

echo Invalid choice.

goto CONFIRM

:LOCK

ren Gizlique "Control Panel.{21EC2020-3AEA-1069-A2DD-08002B30309D}"

echo Dosya kilitlendi

goto End

:UNLOCK

echo Enter password to Unlock folder

set/p "pass=>"

if NOT %pass%==password goto FAIL

attrib -h -s "Control Panel.{21EC2020-3AEA-1069-A2DD-08002B30309D}"

ren "Control Panel.{21EC2020-3AEA-1069-A2DD-08002B30309D}" Gizlique

echo Dosya acildi

goto End

:FAIL

echo Yanlis sifre

goto BASTAN

:MDLOCKER

md Gizlique

echo Gizlique created successfully

goto End

:End

Last edited:
Are you running the code from the same directory as the folder is located? If not it won't work since you don't supply full paths in the code. I'm curious what's the point of the code? It doesn't provide any real security if that's your goal. all it does is obfuscate data. If you want real security I'd suggest using something like veracrypt or 7zip and store the data in a password protected container.

Are you running the code from the same directory as the folder is located? If not it won't work since you don't supply full paths in the code. I'm curious what's the point of the code? It doesn't provide any real security if that's your goal. all it does is obfuscate data. If you want real security I'd suggest using something like veracrypt or 7zip and store the data in a password protected container.
Yes, the code is running from the same directory as the folder. I know the code doesn't actually do anything I put it for both fun and to save time in case of emergency.

Additionally, I tried to stop sharing and resharing, changed the folder's name in code and added another file to the folder. However, still can't reach to my old files.

Hi everyone,

2 months ago I locked a folder in my external hard drive using the code below via a .bat file. Now, when I unlock the folder it seems to be empty. I checked on the storage details of the disk and it remains the same. Therefore I believe these files are not deleted but not visible either. Could you help me to reach back to my files again? Thanks already :).

The lock code:

ren Locker "Control Panel.{21EC2020-3AEA-1069-A2DD-08002B30309D}"

SOLVED:
It seems that windows recovered my files as .chk files for some reason. I found them by making system folders visible.

2 months ago I locked a folder in my external hard drive using the code below via a .bat file. Now, when I unlock the folder it seems to be empty. I checked on the storage details of the disk and it remains the same. Therefore I believe these files are not deleted but not visible either. Could you help me to reach back to my files again?

2 months ago I locked a folder in my external hard drive using the code below via a .bat file. Now, when I unlock the folder it seems to be empty. I checked on the storage details of the disk and it remains the same. Therefore I believe these files are not deleted but not visible either. Could you help me to reach back to my files again? vidmate save insta
any update on my issue ?

Back
Top Bottom