Windows 10 I can't remove admin access

Did this forum help?

• Yes

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

BagelBoi

I put administrator access on to an app and I want to remove the access.

I don't want to remove the administrator, only the access so I can delete the file

by app I assume you mean program but it is almost the same... right click the short cut icon, goto advanced Properites and unselect the 'run as admin'

Screenshot (657).png

if its app then right click the icon goto prperites and its in compatibilty
Screenshot (656).png

"by app I assume you mean program but it is almost the same"
I love that remark!

I have pondered on it since "App" was invented (I think only with the introduction of the Windows Store)
If you explore the various definition on this question, you will enter into a nightmare of non statements.

app is single device (by type) so Windows phone only, windows 10 only or Ipad only = app
program is multi platform so Windows + Mac, Windows 10 + Windows 7 etc... in most cases these are two different apps that do the same job but they are called programs because the files can be exported | opened between systems

That is not a realistic definition, to me. It is a question of how the term has become misused. Basically "App" is an abbreviation for Application.

"app is single device (by type) so Windows phone only, windows 10 only or Ipad only = app"

OK, but I have currently, by default only, 54 "Apps" running on my Desktop?

This may be Microsoft misusing the term, or..?

Expanding your line, the so-called App is supposed to be something which only runs online or on a mobile device. Huh??

Like most of us, for many years I used the term App, as an abbreviation for Application. I don't know how it became more associated with mobile devices, but, delving through, it seems that when the Ipad came out, the abbreviation became a word of its own.

A program is not technically the same thing as an application. A program is code to perform some function which is close to code that accomplishes a well defined task (algorithm). An application is something that directly accomplishes a user task. An application can be a program, but a program can't be defined as an application.

Back