Windows 7 Icons and Taskbar thingy not Showing Up

Zallomallo

I just finished installing Win7, rebooted(twice), and my screen does not has shortcuts(but no Icons), until I hit refresh, then they completely dissapeared. The task bar lights up for what must be different quickbar icons and my browser, but no Icons are present.

My Build:
Pentium 2160,
SATA 250 GB HD,
3 GB of generic DDR2 RAM,
Asus EAH4850 TOP.

Thanks for the help.

It seems like you are facing an issue with missing desktop icons after installing Windows 7 on your system. This issue could be due to a variety of reasons ranging from system settings to display driver issues. Let's go through some troubleshooting steps to resolve this problem:

### Troubleshooting Steps:

1. Check Desktop Icon Settings:
- Right-click on the desktop and select "View."
- Ensure that "Show desktop icons" is checked.

2. Refresh the Desktop:
- Press F5 on the keyboard to refresh the desktop and see if the icons reappear.

3. Check System Settings:
- Navigate to Control Panel > Personalization > Change desktop icons.
- Make sure the necessary icons are checked (Computer, User's Files, Control Panel, Network).

4. Update Graphics Drivers:
- Update your graphics card drivers to the latest version. You can download the drivers from the Asus website or AMD (for Radeon EAH4850).

5. Run System File Checker (SFC):
- Open Command Prompt as an administrator and run sfc /scannow to check and repair system files.

6. Check for Malware:
- Run a thorough scan of your system using an antivirus program to check for any malware that might be affecting the desktop icons.

7. Create a New User Profile:
- Create a new user account and check if the issue persists there. This can help determine if the problem is specific to your user profile.

### Hardware Configuration:
  • Processor: Pentium 2160
  • Storage: SATA 250 GB HD
  • Memory: 3 GB DDR2 RAM
  • Graphics Card: Asus EAH4850 TOP

After trying these steps, if the issue still persists, let me know so we can further troubleshoot your system.

Back