Windows 7 In Virtual Windows XP, Installing Frontpage 2000 Extensions Requires Installation CD?

bernzilla

I'm trying to install Visual Studio .NET 2003 in Virtual Windows XP since it isn't compatible with Windows 7 (or Vista, for that matter). However, a prerequisite for Vistual Studio 7 is the Frontpage 2000 Extensions. This portion of the installation process always fails. The documentation says that when this happens, you should install Frontpage 2000 Extensions directly from the .msi that is included with the Visual Studio 7 software. When I do this, I get prompted for the Windows XP installation CD in order to complete the installation process. However, as I'm running Virtual Windows XP, I have no idea what to do next.

Does anyone know if there is a folder path or something I can point to that emulates a Windows XP installation CD, since I obviously don't have one for the Virtual Windows XP environment?

Until I can figure out a way around this issue, it doesn't look like I'll be able to use Visual Studio .NET 2003 at all. Unfortunately, this becomes a real showstopper for me because it's a requirement at my work.

Back