Windows 7 Install Apple iTunes on Windows 7

whoosh

Cooler King
Staff member
Premium Supporter
Link Removed due to 404 Error

QUESTION My three-month-old Link Removed - Invalid URL all-in-one PC runs Link Removed - Invalid URL. I recently tried to install Link Removed - Invalid URL, but AppleMobileDevice refuses to play ball. Acer blames Apple; Link Removed - Invalid URL blames Acer. With my brand-new PC unable to run such a common application, I'm seriously considering returning it under the Sale of Goods Act. David Jackson
HELPROOM ANSWER The onus here is on Apple, not Acer, David. It's Apple's software that's failing to install, and Acer has no liability for fixing other company's problems. That said - and I have few details to go on - I suspect the problem may have arisen from you upgrading from one version of Windows 7 to another. The following tips may help you find a fix.
Uninstall iTunes and any Apple software currently installed on your system. Reboot.
Delete any Apple folders in Program Files. Check in the Program Files (x86) folder too if you are running Windows 7 64bit.
Download and install Link Removed - Invalid URL. Run both the file and Registry cleaning applications. Reboot the PC again.
Next, head to apple.com/itunes and download the correct version of iTunes - you'll find separate downloads for x64 and x86 systems.

I'm not sure that ripping any software out of the 'Program files' folder is a good idea... Sometimes you'll get away with it and have no problems but more often than not do this and you'll end up re-installing 7....

I must rush to admit I have not tried this . I just thought it was a rather good article . I guess buyer beware scenario . Use at your own risk . Read what kemical has written on this first . Need to be sure you know what to do first . Backup etc .

Back