Windows 7 Installs wont start

RevBlackPercy

I got a problem installing programs, when I try to start them the UAC comes up and i press yes, then nothing more happens. I tried running in different compatibilty modes, as administrator, turned off UAC. Im all out of ideas. These are the programs i tried it on this far, AVG Free (which is supposed to support Windows 7), Live Messenger, Directx web setup. Any suggestions?

I got a problem installing programs, when I try to start them the UAC comes up and i press yes, then nothing more happens. I tried running in different compatibilty modes, as administrator, turned off UAC. Im all out of ideas. These are the programs i tried it on this far, AVG Free (which is supposed to support Windows 7), Live Messenger, Directx web setup. Any suggestions?

Hi Reverend,
How long has this been happening? Did you install anything or un-install anything prior to the trouble starting?
Also have you ran a virus scan?
You could also try system restore if all else fails.
If non of the above fails to help then post back but please list system spec and os used.

I just installed a fresh copy of Windows 7 that i downloaded from microsoft, those programs are the first I tried. I pretty sure it got something to do with the security o certifikation of the files, when i download the files they they say Unknown publisher.

here are my specs

CPU-Z Validator 3.1

I run the RC version of Windows 7 and dual boot on WinXp

Hi Reverend,
So are you saying that even with the UAC turned off and you've rebooted. That when you click on the launch button (or the exe) of a program it just will not install?

I'd try re-installing 7. It only takes 20mins and being as you have no data on your pc yet it's worth doing..

this is driving me nuts, I have re-installed 3 times still the same problem even if its the first thing i do when get in to windows. I have gotten some .exe to work but those setup files have been downloaded running in XP then execute them in W7, but programs that downloads from the internet while installing comes stops and shows security errors. The thing i can see that is different between the one downloaded from XP and the one downloaded from W7 is that when i download using W7 the Digital Signature doesnt become valid any more can this have anything to do with it?

Link Removed due to 404 Error

thankful for your help btw

I heard that Windows 7 Beta and Windows 7 RTM has special Beta Security created especially for them while in use. 1. Symantec Norton 360 30 Beta 2. AVG Internet Security and AVG Anti Virus 3. Kaspersky Beta Kaspersky Anti Virus for Windows 7 ( AVG offers no support for free on Windows 7)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm.......weird..
That screen shot you supplied... Was that you trying to install DirectX ? If it was then it should load up no problem but then again you already knew that....
Ok.. Let's start at the beginning. Can you list your computer spec including motherboard,chip, RAM, DVD drive, and anything else of note.(if it's a prebuilt pc then just list it's make and model..) Also please list the software you've had success with and the stuff you haven't..
Thanks

Hi RevBlackPercy,

I am experiencing the identical problems, however have finally managed to get widows live to install, I managed to do it via windows update, if you goto windows update via program files and there is an option below the updates that says somethig similar to additional microsft updates, well I clicked that and eventually windows live appeared in updates.

I still having probs with avg, I have now managed to get to where it installs and then tries to write something to a file and then it has to rollback.

I was having the exact same probs as you to start with where after giving permission it kinda attampted to load for 5 seconds then nuffin would happen.

However most things still will not install, I have reinstalled windows 7 ultimate(x64) 5 times now, same thing happens every time.

My machine is a few years old, advent t9317:
CPUIntel Core 2 Duo E6300 (1.86GHz) MotherboardMS 7255 Memory1GB DDR2 PC2-4200 (2 x 512MB) Hard Drive250GB SATA CD DriveDual layer DVD±RW Video CardnVIDIA GeForce 7300SE PCI-E 64MB (up to 512MB with Turbocache) TV CardCreatix Digital TV tuner (CTX948) Sound CardVIA VT3310(UAA) integrated sound Network CardVIA PCI 10/100 fast ethernet adapter ModemCreatix CTX 609 SoftModem Ports - Front1x 6-in-1 Card Reader
2x USB 2.0
1x Headphone
1x Microphone
2x IEEE 1394 (FireWire)
1x Audio-in (left + right)
1x Composite Video in
1x S-Video in Ports - Rear1x PS/2 Keyboard
1x PS/2 Mouse
1x Parallel
1x Serial
1x IEEE 1394 (FireWire)
4x USB 2.0
1x LAN
6x Audio I/O
1x VGA
1x TV-out
1x Modem
1x TV Aerial KeyboardAdvent PS/2 keyboard MouseStandard PS/2 mouse
Must be something to do with the components as same thing happens after clean install 5 times! Perhaps I should try installing 32 bit(x86) version?? not sure what to do?

This problem doesn't seem to be wide spread either as this is the only post i have seen tht describes the same issues as im expereincing.

Any one else offer any advice.

Thanks in advance for any help or tips.

Louise x

I was actually wondering if it had anything to do with trying to install 32bit on a 64bit os but usually the software will install anyway regardless...

I'll do some googling and see what turns up.. It would also be a great help if you can tell me which version of 7 your using.... Also where you actually got the copy from would help too...

Oh and welcome to the forum Louiseloyd...:)

Last edited:
I was actually wondering if it had anything to do with trying to install 32bit on a 64bit os but usually the software will install anyway regardless...

I'll do some googling and see what turns up..

Oh and welcome to the forum Louiseloyd...:)

Thank you Kemical for the welcome :)

This prob has been driving me nuts, just glad there appears to be someone else with the same prob and even better people like yourself who are awsum for helping.

Thanks for your help Kemical x

Hi Louise,
I'm just wondering if your copies are not burnt to disk properly... (this is just a guess so please bear with me)
Sometimes if you burn an ISO file to disk too quickly it'll be corrupt in some way and the only answer is to burn it again but at a lower speed. This is especially true for DVDs.. I've tried checking google but just keep getting pages on why 7 won't install!! So not much help there really...
Is it possible for you to burn another disk off? (Rev or Louise) Making sure it doesn't burn any quicker that 4x...

I've just got to nip out...(ran out of milk for coffee) I'll brb....:)

Hi Louise,
I'm just wondering if your copies are not burnt to disk properly... (this is just a guess so please bear with me)
Sometimes if you burn an ISO file to disk too quickly it'll be corrupt in some way and the only answer is to burn it again but at a lower speed. This is especially true for DVDs.. I've tried checking google but just keep getting pages on why 7 won't install!! So not much help there really...
Is it possible for you to burn another disk off? (Rev or Louise) Making sure it doesn't burn any quicker that 4x...

I will try that now hun.

Will report back in an hour or so.

Thanks. x

I have finally gotten my system to work, I think my problem was hardware related, When i reverted back to vista the problem still persisted. So I googled around a lot and found someone having similar problems and it turned out to be the router corrupting the files he downloaded. I messed around alot with resetting the the router and changing between cable and Wlan and as my built-in network card and wlan have stopped working some time ago i only got usb adapters for them, I changed the usb slot I was using and baaam all of sudden it worked, very strange but it seems to work so far. Thanks for the at least trying to help me :) hope Louise get some tips of this to get it to work.

Wow.....Well done on sorting it! I'd have never thought of something like that..... I just hope i haven't sent Louise on a pointless exercise..

Thanks for letting me know anyhow....:)

I'm back,

Attempted the reburn and reinstall, still same issue.

RVP well done you got yourself sorted, I think im gunna give install another go but as you suggested, unplug all my external peripherals and install all additioanl software from disk, downloading from my laptop as im uable to get my machine online using ethernet(just nnot practicle).

Will be back in a another hour lol.

thanks again x

I have finally gotten my system to work, I think my problem was hardware related, When i reverted back to vista the problem still persisted. So I googled around a lot and found someone having similar problems and it turned out to be the router corrupting the files he downloaded. I messed around alot with resetting the the router and changing between cable and Wlan and as my built-in network card and wlan have stopped working some time ago i only got usb adapters for them, I changed the usb slot I was using and baaam all of sudden it worked, very strange but it seems to work so far. Thanks for the at least trying to help me :) hope Louise get some tips of this to get it to work.

Did the problem exist on a clean win7 install and then just start working when you unpluged the wireless adapter?? or did you have to reinstall win7?

Awsum!!!

It would appear there is an issue that is created if you install windows 7 whilst you have your wireless adapter plugged in.

I reinstalled windows 7 ulimate and unlugged all peripherals excluding wireless keyboard and mouse.
(Unplugged Belkin N Adapter & Extrenal Hard drive)

Once installed as my current anti virus does not yet support windows 7 I installed AVG (free version) downloaded using my laptop and burnt to disk and installed.

I then plugged in my wireless router installed driver from disk via device mamanger/update driver.

Dowloaded a few peice of software offline without any issues... I am pretty confident this has resolved the issue.

Thanks to RVP for suggesting the issue with the wireless adapter, I think simply installing windows 7 without having extras plugged in will resolve and plug them back i and instal once windows 7 is running.

Thanks to all.

It has taken me a couple of days to get here and yes I now think Widows 7 officially rocks!

Louise x x x

Excellent!
It's the first time I've come across anything like this.... So I hope I remember this fix for the future.
Any other problems please don't hesitate to post back...:)

Back
Top Bottom