Windows 7 Intel's roadmap leaked

kemical

Windows Forum Admin
Staff member
Premium Supporter
Intel's roadmap leaked Link Removed due to 404 Error Link Removed due to 404 Error Written by Link Removed due to 404 Error Monday, 30 November 2009 10:06
intel_logo_new.gif

Are there no secrets any more?

Intel's processor roadmap, which was probably going to be released at CES 2010, has leaked all over the world wide web.

If the documents are accurate then there are few surprises here, as the supposed roadmap included a slew of desktop chips bearing the Core i3, i5 and i7 labels.

The former is an entry-level processor that lacks overclocking features and runs at 2.93GHz or 3.06GHz. The mainstream Core i5 comes in dual-core and quad-core flavors with Turbo Boost. The high-end Core i7 has all the features of the Core i5 while increasing the number of processing threads to eight. Currently the Core i3 and i5 have only four threads.

Apparently Intel is planning a top-of-the-line hexa-core Core i9 with 12 processing threads which is probably taking the micky a bit. When PCLab accidentally published benchmarks of this impressive chip Intel asked it to be taken down so it seems to have legs as a rumour.

It will not be long till CES 2010, so we will soon get the confirmation of all the rumours anyway.

Link Removed due to 404 Error

Interesting news, looks like there is not much data on the new chip which nonetheless looks very powerful:

Link Removed due to 404 Error)
Link Removed due to 404 Error

Core i9: Intel's 6-core desktop CPU pictured - Intel, Core i9, Gulftown, 6-core, LGA1366 - PC Games Hardware
Intel Core i9: Hands-on test of the six-core Gulftown - Core i9, Test, Review, Preview, Intel, Gulftown, CPU, Westmere - PC Games Hardware

GulftownProduced 1H 2010
Designed by Intel
Min. feature size 32nm (The Moore's law works :)Moore's law - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)
Instruction set x86, x86-64, MMX, SSE, SSE2, SSE3, SSSE3, SSE4.1, SSE4.2
Enhanced Intel SpeedStep Technology (EIST), Intel 64, XD bit (an NX bit implementation), TXT,
Intel VT, Hyper-Threading, Turbo Boost, Smart Cache

Microarchitecture Nehalem
CPUID code 0206Cx
Product code 80613, 80614
Socket LGA 1366
Cores 6 (physical), 12 (logical)
L2 cache 6 x 256 KB
L3 cache 12 MB
Frequency 2,8 - 3, xx Ghz
I/O Bus 2 x 6.4 GT/s
Multiplier 21
Memory Integrated 3-way channel Memory Controller DDR3-1066
Application DP Server, Workstation
Package(s) LGA-1366
TDP 130 W - looks very attractive if so, Corei7 4 cores HT is 130 W also
Brand name(s) Core i9 10xx & Xeon 56xx
Price ~ $900
Release Supposedly 2010 Q1-2

Intel and NVIDIA are so secretive about what's coming up, or are they off their schedules catching up in a rush ? Anyway I'm looking forward. :)

Back
Top Bottom