Windows 7 Is my harddisk safe???

Posiedon

I used CrystalDiskInfo to see if my hard disk is working fine and it shows the message as 'Caution'.I am attaching a screenshot of it below.Is my harddisk safe or i risk losing data???

7626349/trtceaf

Thanks in advance.

I think the caution is related to the temperature, which is kind of high. Run check disk just to confirm nothing is physically wrong with the drive. Next, make sure that you have adequate cooling in your case..ie a fan to blow on your hard drive(s). If you can't add one to the front of case that blows directly on drives, they do make add on fans you can place any where inside the case, well almost any where. Antec makes a great one, one that I use as well.

Newegg.com - Antec SpotCool Blue LED Case Fan

thank you bassfisher6522.....i did the disk checkup and did not find any errors.
As for putting up a new fan can i rather use 'SpeedFan' to increase fan speed???If yes plz let me know what values should i change...

7626349/asnbmmo

Thanks for the great screen shot, but did you even read it, beyond the "Caution" ???

It plainly told you there were read errors and that it had to RE-Locate the data on 100 sectors (because they were failing).
The HD temperature of 109°F was not really excessive. It's well within operating norm's.

I'd be getting my stuff off of that drive before it totally shoots craps. But that's just me, the Computer tech in the room.

You do as you like, but I strongly advise that you backup your data.

Hitachi makes the Deskstar drive, that we in the business call the "Death Star", because of its high failure rate.
It's the drive that IBM used to sell under their own name.

Cheers Mates!
O.T. :cool:

Last edited:
thank you bassfisher6522.....i did the disk checkup and did not find any errors.
As for putting up a new fan can i rather use 'SpeedFan' to increase fan speed???If yes plz let me know what values should i change...

7626349/asnbmmo

What type of GPU do you have installed.

I would maually adjust and set all fans. How many case fans do you have? You need to get all those temps down and fast before you burn up your rig...

i dont even know how to do a backup... :( ....can you recommend me some free software thats userfriendly for a backup???

Back