Windows 7 Java Runtime Environment

Jacob Collstrup

Heya,

I seem to have trouble installing Java in the right way. Everytime I start MatLab I get long fancy list of java-errors, its really quite impressive.

I can use my webbank account, which also uses java, which is quite wierd.

When I press [CTRL]+[ALT]+[DEL] and access the taskmanager I can see the 'jusched.exe', but I can't see the small coffee cup icon in the system tray. Which has me thinking that the installation of java didn't go overly well. I really need to get java to works since I use MatLab a lot!

Have anyone else encountered this problem, or know how to fix it?

Jacob

I tried to use NFIRS Data Entry Tool on my Windows 7 install for my fire reports. I could not at first get it to even come up. NFIRS is purely JAVA based so I thought this was weird. Well, a solution I have for me might be worth trying for you. Try disabling "desktop composition", "animate controls and elements", and "enable transparent glass" under advanced system settings. If that does not work correctly, just try unchecking all of them in the list...it will look like Windows 2000. If that does not do it, you could tinker with the admin rights or UAC virtualization in the properties for your program. Hope it helps!

Jacob,

Are you using the latest JRE 6 Update 12?

When you uninstall a previous version of the Java Runtime, you should you a freeware uninstaller called Revouninstaller.

It can be download here:
Revo Uninstaller Freeware - Uninstall Software, Remove Programs, Solve uninstall problems

The reason for this is that the Java uninstaller does not do a good job at removing registry entries and files on your hard drive..

After you completed the uninstall, do a search on you computer for Java and sea if you come up with any more entries. which can be deleted as well.

Now you're ready to install the latest version 12. You can find the latest eversion here:
http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/index.jsp

Last edited by a moderator:
Not much, but you can untick the jusched.exe from Msconfig. It is only an update facility. It may be a personal issue, but I have mine scheduled monthly in the Java panel and also do manual checks, whenever I rememember.
However, that would not solve your problem. I have absolutely no Knowledge of Matlab, but browsing I can see it is a language of its own. Maybe, therefore, it conflicts in some way. You could try turning off the debugging in Java in the Control Panel - Java - Advanced tab.
You can also scroll down, while in there, and look at the "Micellaneous" section and see if the icon is turned on. If it is, the next place to look is down on the taskbar. Click the small double arrow over on the right "show hidden icons" , and then "customise". Check that the Java item is set to show icon and notification activity.

But, during my browsing, I noticed this. Maybe it is a path to your problem:
MATLAB Builder JA (for Java language) - MATLAB
fwiw.
I have always uninstalled Java, or other programs, through the window facility Now called Programs and features. To date it has never caused any conflictions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jacob,

Are you using the latest JRE 6 Update 12?

When you uninstall a previous version of the Java Runtime, you should you a freeware uninstaller called Revouninstaller.

It can be download here:
Revo Uninstaller Freeware - Uninstall Software, Remove Programs, Solve uninstall problems

The reason for this is that the Java uninstaller does not do a good job at removing registry entries and files on your hard drive..

After you completed the uninstall, do a search on you computer for Java and sea if you come up with any more entries. which can be deleted as well.

Now you're ready to install the latest version 12. You can find the latest eversion here:
Java SE Downloads - Sun Developer Network (SDN)

Hmm..Something went wrong...I could see a ver. 5 Java and a ver. 6 Java in the revo thing...I uninstalled both. I then reinstalled using the file you linked...now my webbank doesn't work...should I try it again from the top?

Oh by the way...that was strange...the installer (after I removed both Java versions using revo) said that java was already installed and asked if I wanted to reinstall...I said yes...Could you recommend some settings for revo for me to use? I just used the ones revo suggested...

Jacob

Sorry for the delay, but I've been installing my Vista machine.

When you used Revo, didn't it come back with a slew of registry entries that need deleted?

I just uninstalled version 6_01, as that's what came with my computer originally, used RevoUinstaller to remove it, then deleted the C:\Program Files\Java directory. If you have more than 1 installation, you'll need to delete both directories.

No, you don't want to re-install unless it's the latest version 12, otherwise you're gpoing to have to start all over again.

Does everything else work correctly besider you bank?

If so, call or shoot them off and e-mail to tryy to get your account set up again.

Back
Top Bottom