Windows Vista Key on Laptop

Im wondering this question.

If I lost my recovery disks and partition for windows vista since im soon getting windows 7 will i be able to download a like retail disk image of vista home premium from a torrent and use the laptop key on the bottom. The one on that sticker. Will it work like it did before or will i need to buy a new licence. Since i may lose it and i want to see if i can get vista without preinstalled stuff on.

Because my vista is pretty corrupted. If i could use my laptop product key for a retail version it would be better. So is this possible to use the key or will i need a new liecence for vista.

Thx

Call your computer manufacturer and ask fot a new set of "Vista Recovery Discs". How did you lose your partition ? Did you break the partition ? The key on the bottom you'll need if you plan to upgrade "Vista" into Windows 7. The "Key" is also recorded in your "Registry" but it is encrypted and you'll need a special software program to get it out. (There are many free KEY RECOVERY PROGRAMS)

You could just do a factory re-install with your "Vista Recovery Discs" from the manufacturer. If you made any back-up discs, you could recover personal info..... You probably should think about an Acronis Disc Image after you get Vista back to the way you want. (The pre-installed stuff maybe a necessary evil if you don't have any back-up or personal Disc Images)

To upgrade from Vista to Windows 7 would be 65.00 US including disc. To buy Windows 7 Home Premium is I believe, 199.00 US- W/O disc. Keep your Vista for the upgrade.

Call your computer manufacturer and ask fot a new set of "Vista Recovery Discs". How did you lose your partition ? Did you break the partition ? The key on the bottom you'll need if you plan to upgrade "Vista" into Windows 7. The "Key" is also recorded in your "Registry" but it is encrypted and you'll need a special software program to get it out. (There are many free KEY RECOVERY PROGRAMS)

You could just do a factory re-install with your "Vista Recovery Discs" from the manufacturer. If you made any back-up discs, you could recover personal info..... You probably should think about an Acronis Disc Image after you get Vista back to the way you want. (The pre-installed stuff maybe a necessary evil if you don't have any back-up or personal Disc Images)

To upgrade from Vista to Windows 7 would be 65.00 US including disc. To buy Windows 7 Home Premium is I believe, 199.00 US- W/O disc. Keep your Vista for the upgrade.

Well i cant upgrade since the europe versions are only E. I have to get Home Premium E.

But thx anyway. Ill just give up on vista.

Somebody is going to have to explain that to me because Microsoft only offers "Upgrade" or "Full". Windows Home Premium Seven "Full" is 199.00 US, then there is "Windows Professional Seven". "Upgrades" are 49.00 plus 15.00 installation CD. With an upgrade the old system disc is involved. Although, many people have these manufacturer "Recovery Discs" maybe Microsoft won't push.......
I didn't feel Vista is that bad. I might let my notebook keep it. You'll need to get a "Browser" from Microsoft. Windows Seven has no browser.

Somebody is going to have to explain that to me because Microsoft only offers "Upgrade" or "Full". Windows Home Premium Seven "Full" is 199.00 US, then there is "Windows Professional Seven". "Upgrades" are 49.00 plus 15.00 installation CD. With an upgrade the old system disc is involved. Although, many people have these manufacturer "Recovery Discs" maybe Microsoft won't push.......
I didn't feel Vista is that bad. I might let my notebook keep it. You'll need to get a "Browser" from Microsoft. Windows Seven has no browser.

Upgrades are not possible in the uk since upgrading will leave a trace on IE on your computer. They are offering us europeans the full version at upgrade prices. But i will have a browser since im putting google chrome onto a usb drive. Plus vista is bad for me. It corrupts every so often and I have had to do around 6 factory resets in under a year because of it. I got this laptop in november last year and by now i have had to do many because it corrupts.

Back