Latest Maintenance Tasks

Discussion in 'Forum Announcements' started by Mike, Aug 5, 2016.

1. Mike

Mike Windows Forum Admin
    Staff Member Premium Supporter

We have been performing heavy maintenance tasks on the server, and to eliminate potential downtime in the future, this included moving drives, partitions, and all sorts of data around (and trying to shrink XFS partitions through extremely unusual workarounds). This has resulted in an unusual level of downtime that should not be expected after this post. Sorry if you have had any difficulties using the website. The good result of this is that we are now able to take snapshots of the database, in real time, every 30 minutes, with no lag, and this is separated from the operating system. All of this, of course, to mitigate unusual problems or the potential of an emergency situation, thus improving your experience in the future and making the server hardware (and operating system) more reliable to upgrade in the future.

Thank you for your patience and have a great weekend. -Mike

2. BIGBEARJEDI

BIGBEARJEDI Honorable Member
    Premium Supporter

Nice work there, Mike!! :up: I was trying to post some photos in a post a couple of hours ago, and I thought it was me! It was driving me nuts!:insanity: Finally moved over to my laptop and ran into the HTTP 500 error; don't see that one very often. Thanks for posting the notice.

See ya' out there!
    <<<BIGBEARJEDI>>>

Mike likes this.
  3. ussnorway

ussnorway Windows Forum Team
    Staff Member Premium Supporter

me too but fixed now... [ctrl] + [f5] your browser

thanks Mike.

Mike likes this.
  4. kemical

kemical Windows Forum Admin
    Staff Member Premium Supporter Microsoft MVP

Yes a big thank you to both Mike and Joseph who worked for hours sorting out the issue. Great job..