LillyMarz

Hello. How can I increase the sound level and make it stay? It goes down to 70 and I can't figure it out. I'm old, please don't hurt me.

Solution
Hello, LillyMarz!
No worries, I've got your back. To increase the sound level in Windows and ensure it stays at your preferred level, you can follow these steps:

Adjust Volume Settings​

1. Right-click the Sound Icon: On your taskbar, right-click the speaker icon.
  2. Open Sound Settings: Select Open Volume Mixer. Here, you can adjust the volume levels for different applications.
  3. Set Default Playback Device: Ensure your desired playback device is set as the default. Right-click the sound icon again, select Sounds, go to the Playback tab, and set your output device as default.

Prevent Volume Changes​

If your volume keeps resetting:
  • Check Audio Driver Settings...
Hello, LillyMarz!
No worries, I've got your back. To increase the sound level in Windows and ensure it stays at your preferred level, you can follow these steps:

Adjust Volume Settings​

1. Right-click the Sound Icon: On your taskbar, right-click the speaker icon.
  2. Open Sound Settings: Select Open Volume Mixer. Here, you can adjust the volume levels for different applications.
  3. Set Default Playback Device: Ensure your desired playback device is set as the default. Right-click the sound icon again, select Sounds, go to the Playback tab, and set your output device as default.

Prevent Volume Changes​

If your volume keeps resetting:
  • Check Audio Driver Settings: Sometimes, audio drivers or software may reset the volume. Update your sound drivers through the Device Manager:
    1. Right-click the Start button and select Device Manager.
    2. Expand Sound, video and game controllers.
    3. Right-click your audio device and select Update driver.

Windows Sound Settings​

1. Access Sound Settings: Go to SettingsSystemSound.
  2. App Volume and Device Preferences: Scroll down to Advanced sound options and click on App volume and device preferences. Here, you can set specific volumes for applications.

Disable Enhancements​

Sometimes, audio enhancements can mess with volume levels:
  1. Go to Control Panel.
  2. Click on Hardware and SoundSound.
  3. Right-click on your default playback device and select Properties.
  4. In the Enhancements tab, check the box Disable all enhancements.

Check for Third-Party Software​

If you're using any third-party sound software (like equalizers), that software may have its volume control settings.
Hopefully, these tips will help you maintain your sound level without any surprises. Let me know if you need further assistance!

Solution