Windows 7 Lord of the Rings Battle for middle earth II Problem

noelian14

System specs

Intel core 2 duo 2.20 ghz
NviDea Geforce 9400GT 512mb
3gb ram
250gb hdd

hope that supplied my system specs

My problem is when i run LOTR II with latest patch....and start campaign or skirmish the buildings characters etc are always invisible except the map elements like trees and flags :(

when i enter the main menu...all i see is water falling with mist and birds flying and the rest are black screen (edit) :(

Last edited:
Hi Noelian, what are your system drivers like? I'd update to the latest versions unless already done so. Also check the LOTR website they may have an FAQ which might help.

Hi Noelian, what are your system drivers like? I'd update to the latest versions unless already done so. Also check the LOTR website they may have an FAQ which might help.

my drivers were updated recently...including vid card driver...directx was updated to the latest version of directx9 (as its mostly used of games like this)

Are you running the game with any mods or additions attached?

Have you tried changing in-game settings like screen size, the amount of detail i.e.; low, medium, high, custom settings, etc.?

:( , I presume you tried changing screen size, refresh rate and XP compatibility mode.

nope...i just installed..then it went crashing...so i herd patch fixes this in win7 systems so i patched it to v1.06 and tried opening it...it run..i saw the intro movie...then entered menu...i see waterfall water flowing...backgrounds is black...tried playing skirmish and all buildings are invisible.... sorry if i cant put a screenshot cause whenever i try to print screen or take in game screenshot and paste it to paint...only my desktop appears

Try compatibility mode, changing refresh rate, and screen size in game. See what turns up.

I do have the same game, I haven't installed it yet, though I should to see if this also occurs in my system.

tried compatibility mode =win xp sp3, refresh rate still 60hz (cant change it) then opened game changed resolution to 1024x768 , changed my pc resolution to 1024x768, tried to open game again still the same ,

I'd try a different GPU driver or find a game related forum and see what others are using driver wise. Some drivers are known to be better for certain games and this could certainly be true in your case...

can u recommend me a driver for
NVIDEA GeForce 9400 GT
Driver version
8.17.12.9610 (based in device manager properties)

Do you recall if this game ran without issues? If so, do you remember what year/month? Reason, this should help atleast narrow down the drivers that were published at that time frame.

Also, recommend using driver sweeper, for removing and prior to installing new drivers.

the game ran without issues during windows vista service pack 1 (win vista was still new with sp1 no sp2 released yet) around year 2010 of February i still played it until

Your system requirement are compatible and enough with respect to game Lord of the rings battle for middle earth two. I think you have some another hardware or improper patch problem.
[h=2][/h]

Back