Windows 7 Mahjong Titans won't save games

sbdresner

Game saving does not work in my Mahjong Titans. "Always continue saved game" and "Always save game on exit" are checked in Options. A saved-game subdirectory was created. But no "Save" box pops up on exit. Which files might be missing or corrupted?

Many thanks for any assistance.

Steve

You could try rebuilding the games suite and seeing if it proves a cure? See the screenshot below to see how. I'd also reboot before rebuilding the suite.
If this doesn't work then could you post whether your installation is an 'upgrade' or a 'clean install'..

Link Removed due to 404 Error

Thanks, kemical. Rebuild didn't work. 64-bit Windows 7 is a clean install on a new box. Mahjong Titans saves properly on my other Win-7 box.

The Mahjong Titans files on both win-7 boxes look the same. Tried MS support, but they said my Product ID had expired.

Hmm... Try running the system file checker. Open 'cmd prompt' by rightclicking and 'run as admin', then type:

sfc /scannow

Then hit enter. The checker will cycle through fixing anything it finds amiss. Hopefully this will include your game files too..

Thanks again, kemical. The scan did not find any integrity violations. However, I unchecked "Always continue saved game" and "Always save game on exit" in Options, and now game saving seems to work properly. Go figure!

Cheers,
Steve

Think I got it now. Saved-Game folder was under wrong User. But why this works with "Always continue saved game" and "Always save game on exit" unchecked is still a mystery. Maybe a registry deal.

Excellent
grinning-smiley-003.gif

Back