Windows 11 Major issue with USB Webcam and Zoom/Skype

Androlyn

Since updating to Windows 11, I have had a lot of problems. A big issue I am facing is that I cannot use Zoom properly with my external Webcam. It works at the beginning of the call but then everything starts to lag soon after. There's video is not syncing with audio and is a few seconds behind. I notice during the call the the laptops fan starts to kick in and the battery starts to deplete rapidly. I've never had this experience with Windows 10. My computer is a Huawei Matebook Pro (2021 Model) and the internal webcam is in the keypad so an external is vital for me.

All drivers are up to date so I am unsure how to correct this?

Other issues I am experiencing right now is lagging. Computer is not as responsive, web pages are slower to load as well as apps.
Past issues were with Wifi but that corrected with a new update.

Hi @Androlyn , so sorry for the inconveniences. So if I understood your complaint, the main issue here is that your computer is lagging, right?
And you also make it clear that you start having this experience when you updated to Windows 11.

First:
Windows 11 Requirement: These are the minimum system requirements for installing Windows 11 on a PC. Your PC might probably be misbehaving if it meets the lowest requirement and not the recommended requirement. You can use the PC Health Check app to assess compatibility. Note that this app does not check for graphics card or display, as most compatible devices will meet those requirements listed below.

Processor1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster with 2 or more cores on a compatible 64-bit processor or System on a Chip (SoC).
RAM4 gigabyte (GB).
Storage64 GB or larger storage device Note: See below under “More information on storage space to keep Windows 11 up-to-date” for more details.
System firmwareUEFI, Secure Boot capable. Check here for information on how your PC might be able to meet this requirement.
TPMTrusted Platform Module (TPM) version 2.0. Check here for instructions on how your PC might be enabled to meet this requirement.
Graphics cardCompatible with DirectX 12 or later with WDDM 2.0 driver.
DisplayHigh definition (720p) display that is greater than 9” diagonally, 8 bits per color channel.
Internet connection and Microsoft accountWindows 11 Home edition requires internet connectivity and a Microsoft account.
Switching a device out of Windows 11 Home in S mode also requires internet connectivity. Learn more about S mode here.
For all Windows 11 editions, internet access is required to perform updates and to download and take advantage of some features. A Microsoft account is required for some features.
Certain features require specific hardware. System requirements to run some apps will exceed the Windows 11 minimum device specifications. Check device compatibility information specific to the apps you want to install. Available storage on your device will vary based on installed apps and updates. Performance will scale with higher end, more capable PCs. Additional requirements may apply over time and for updates.

Please let me know after you've checked and give me feedback. Thanks 🙂

Back