Make Use Of.com found a way to tell if Amazon Reviews are true

Thanks for the link! I've been using it on past purchases and current wishlist items haha!

I don't purchase as much from there anymore. I do compare reviews there and from Newegg. I've been doing more pc parts purchases since September, so it's been a matter of who has the better price in the end. Amazon's had some changes since that time. Sales tax was added there on everything. Newegg hasn't, so most is less money.

Newegg does add tax on purchases.....it's the law now nationally here in the USA for all online purchases.

For PC parts, yeah Newegg definitely gives Amazon competition. When I used to build PCs for family and friends (2000-2004) Newegg was THE place to go. But for everything else most places can't beat Amazon's prices and convenience.

bassfisherman6522. No, they just charge for shipping. Here's proof. I've never been charged sales tax by them. I just pay it in my taxes every year.
monitor.PNG

Well damn....all my purchases from newegg have the tax.

Note: remember when you do your taxes at the end of the year.....you have to claim/list online purchases that didn't include taxes. That's why they passed the law for all companies that sell online to include the tax.

In your case; I'm not sure why you're not being taxed....

Yes, I'm familiar with all of it. I've been doing my own taxes for 30 years now. Just like a lot of people don't know that provided you do a regular 1040 long form, you can get a printout from your pharmacy every January on what you paid for any prescriptions, then claim it, medical insurance, doctor's fees, etc. on your taxes.

For PC parts, yeah Newegg definitely gives Amazon competition. When I used to build PCs for family and friends (2000-2004) Newegg was THE place to go. But for everything else most places can't beat Amazon's prices and convenience.

QFT. That was where I basically started running my own shop in 2000/2001 with a newegg business account. I bought 125 motherboards one year I think it was 2003. Once I bought 15 Biostar/Abit Nforce 2 mothebroards on one purchase sold them all (most in built systems within 2 months). They are definitely not same same as they used to be but I still get some stuff there. Recently that FX 8320 for a customer I mentioned in another thread along with a Freezer Pro 7,

Yeah the site has changed a lot since those days! I remember it went through one iteration that was very band wagon with current website trends, big boxy images etc and they came out with their forums at the same time. Thats around the time I also started using them less and going more to Amazon. They lost that very techy geek feel to more mainstream. Which I don't blame them for. They have to be competitive and evolve with the web. They are still the geek site for PC parts but only in reputation. Amazon still has most PC and electronics for less. But I'm sure Newegg will be around for a long time. They have too many loyal customers along with loyal IT professionals that order from them.

Sent from my Note 4 using Windows Forum mobile app

Back