Microsoft has agreed to randomly generate the list of browsers in the ballot screen i

whoosh

Cooler King
Staff member
Premium Supporter
Microsoft to randomly generate EU browser ballot list

In response to complaints from browser makers, Microsoft has revised its antitrust-settlement with European Union regulators so that Windows users will see a browser ballot screen that randomly lists the icons of the top five browsers upon every launch. The previous method had them listed in alphabetical order, putting Apple's Safari first. Complaints from Opera, Google, and Mozilla resulted in the change, and also pushed Microsoft into moving the ballot screen from Internet Explorer into a standard webpage format, according to Bloomberg, which cites two unnamed people familiar with the case. The browser ballot screen will let European PC users download a third-party browser without having to use Internet Explorer.

That;s good whoosh

Just wondering why they didn't have some sort of protest here in the USA?

That;s good whoosh

Just wondering why they didn't have some sort of protest here in the USA?

Must admit I like IE . Shame they will be shipping windows 7 without it as a native part of the OS ! :D

Must admit I like IE . Shame they will be shipping windows 7 without it as a native part of the OS ! :D
It is the fact the powers to be in Europe think their users of MS are not smart enough to select a free browser of their choice. Since Windows OS ships with a Browser as part of the OS they really think that people do not know how to install free versions of FF Opera Safari or other free browsers of their choice. :confused::confused:

Last edited:
It is the fact the powers to be in Europe think their users of MS are not smart enough to select a free browser of their choice. Since Windows OS ships with a Browser as part of the OS they really think that people do not know how to install free versions of FF Opera Safari or other free browsers of their choice. :confused::confused:

Guess that is a possibility . Many people using computers only have the most basic idea of what to do . Slightest problem and it all goes pear shaped .

Back