Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Migrating Operating System to SSD causes crackling in audio?.

iosman123

Hello,

I just bought myself a new Dell Inspiron 15 7559. I added a 250 GB SSD then migrated the OS to the SSD and set up the original mechanical drive as storage. This is a great setup. It's fast like crazy.

But then a few days later I noticed a short crackling sound that happens about every 5 seconds or so whenever any sound comes from the speakers or the headphones. I tried changing drivers, registry hacks, disabling services and used different programs to no avail.

Then I called Dell and they remotely made a half hearted Omegle video chat attempt to fix it then gave up and told me they couldn't do anything since I added the SSD. They thought it was directly related. Link Removed Maybe so. I don't know. But I didn't notice the crackling for a few days after I did the SSD.

My computer has Realtek Sound, Nvidia Graphics and a Samsung 850 EVO M.2 SSD. I don't know what other info is needed. I was just wondering if anybody had any other ideas. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

thanks
iosman

Last edited:
Adding the SSD is unlikely the reason, but if you had to open the system up you may have loosened a connector or getting interference from a power source potentially. I'd make sure the audio lines are secure were they were originally and properly seated.

Back