Migrating Operating System to SSD causes crackling in audio?.

iosman123

Hello,

I just bought myself a new Dell Inspiron 15 7559. I added a 250 GB SSD then migrated the OS to the SSD and set up the original mechanical drive as storage. This is a great setup. It's fast like crazy.

But then a few days later I noticed a short crackling sound that happens about every 5 seconds or so whenever any sound comes from the speakers or the headphones. I tried changing drivers, registry hacks, disabling services and used different programs to no avail.

Then I called Dell and they remotely made a half hearted Omegle video chat attempt to fix it then gave up and told me they couldn't do anything since I added the SSD. They thought it was directly related. Omegle video chat Maybe so. I don't know. But I didn't notice the crackling for a few days after I did the SSD.

My computer has Realtek Sound, Nvidia Graphics and a Samsung 850 EVO M.2 SSD. I don't know what other info is needed. I was just wondering if anybody had any other ideas. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

thanks
iosman

Last edited:
Adding the SSD is unlikely the reason, but if you had to open the system up you may have loosened a connector or getting interference from a power source potentially. I'd make sure the audio lines are secure were they were originally and properly seated.

Back